[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - My first Kinesiology session.

My first Kinesiology session.

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Fibro Fi » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:01 pm

Well, had my first session yesterday. The idea is that the therapist assess' your energies within your body. This is quite a different avenue to go down for me. 2 weeks after I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, I was diagnosed with Coeliacs disease so it's been an interesting month! Anyway, the therapist stated that the first step was to sort out my nutrition and flood my system with nutrients and cut right back to the core, not just be gluten free. I have to admit I was quite sceptical about it all, but as she carried on talking I knew that I knew that what she was saying was right. Call it my gut instinct if you like. But also, I was told the same information years ago but just couldn't follow it through. Interestingly, I have been retreading a recipe book on 'cooking without' and was just starting to cut out caffeine and alcohol. Well, she as asked me to stop eating any processed foods, cut out dairy, eggs and red meat, caffeine and alcohol. To only eat small amounts of chicken, potatoes and pasta. All soups or sauces have to be homemade.
I will meet with her again in 3 weeks to discuss progress.
She has helped people with the same illness in the past. She didn't offer a cure, but she believes that I can be a lot more healthy than I am right now by 'unblocking my energies'.
Will let you know my progress. Husband not too keen on the idea, but I was more impressed than I thought I would be!
Fibro Fi
UKFM Member

Postby lisaward127 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:44 am

Hello, I had the same appointment as you, I was told to stay away from wheat, sugar, strawberries and rhubarb. I knew that I was intolerant to wheat but sugar was a big one for me, I have a sweet tooth, she gave me the same advice to keep away from caffeine and wine. I have had long periods of anti biotic treatment and this has seriously effected my digestion, she gave me some natural medicine to help with the friendly bacteria and get that working again. Overall the treatment I received was good for my digestion and has made a big difference, I haven't completely stopped with the sugar and coffee but limit my intake significantly, it was worth the treatment and I found it to be a great alternative to discussing treatment with a GP. I still see a GP regularly for FM and Scoliosis pain. Good luck with your treatment and it is worth a try, it works for me.

Gentle hugs Lisa xxx
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Re: My first Kinesiology session.

Postby Fibro Fi » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:30 pm

Thanks Lisa.
Well, I've never eaten so healthy as I have the past 2 days! Even had calomomile infusion today! Made a casserole with lentils and beans. Think I'm turning into a new age hippie! No offence meant to NAH, but this is so not me. System starting to feel a bit cleaner. Interestingly, not missing tea or coffee, but am missing my sparkling water :( well, only two weeks and 5 days to go! Lol!.
Fibro Fi
UKFM Member

Postby lisaward127 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:59 am

Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics