Back to work today!!!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Back to work today!!!

Postby Gig » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi all, I decided a week ago that I would try getting back out to work! I'm a self employed hair dresser, today was my 1st day back, I had 2 clients which I enjoyed being out and about again!
My problem is the pain I am in now, I feel like now I've sat down its like boom the pain hits!
Does anyone else manage to work and if so how do you cope?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gillian x
Gig
UKFM Member

Re: Back to work today!!!

Postby monica » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:43 pm

Well done for getting back to work!

I'm struggling to find a job that will suit me with the wretched fibro. Over the years I've had to give up so many jobs that I've got to the stage where I don't know what to do next that won't trigger the fibro off. i have to avoid repetitive things and finding work that doesn't involve some kind of repetitive task isn't easy. I was going out cleaning but took on too much in one of my less painful phases and the fibro came back with a vengence so I limit how many hours I do now, which isn't many.

I don't take any meds as I hate the side effects so just put up with the pain.

Sorry not sure I've been much help! I hope you can continue to enjoy your work.
monica
UKFM Member

Postby maxtomads » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:38 pm

I work 3 short days as a s/emp physio, and cope by hardly doing anything else at home. I've recently started looking after my horses again, and am managing to do it but have very high pain levels as a result.
I don't take pk's as anything stronger than paracetamol makes me feel ill so trying to manage without.
Hope you find a way of managing the pain so you can have the mental boost of being with your clients

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:13 am

Good luck and hope you manage to build up your client list. I envy you the ability to even try and get back

Hope things continue to improve
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Aliscat64 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:30 am

Well done you!

I am a childminder so hence self employed working from home.

I was diagnosed in may and have now cut down my work from 5 days to 3 and a half which is helping with pain and exhaustion.
I had bad food poisoning in september and was in hospital for 4 days this was the final straw and my dr said I have to take care of myself or i was going to go into melt down.......AND for once i listened and did as I was told! :-D

It is so true what the dr says about pacing yourself, I have thought hard about what children I care for and how often..............my ferratin is very low so have problems with storing iron so have a mixture of mild anaemia/fibro knackeredness! ;-) It is the tiredness and fibro fog which i hate the most!! But my pain levels are definately less than some people on here. I cope with paracetamol,ibuprofen and naproxen if my back is reeally sore.

Good luck with the job hope it works out, :-D
Aliscat64
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:49 pm

hi gig. well done in getting back out there,

just take things slowly and do what you can and no more, you will be in moer pain if you have done more than you have been doing as your body wont be used to it,

i work but have made lots of changes to help me still have good and bad days and some days just come home and drop but then i rest up and start again,

the trick is slowly slowly bit by bit and not take on to much to soon.

even if you only manage a couple of days a week you are doing well as i understand that fibro affects us all diffrently and i just think im lucky to be still working and hope i can continue for a long time to come,

good luck for the future.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics