[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Am I disabled ?

Am I disabled ?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Am I disabled ?

Postby joanypops » Sat May 24, 2008 6:27 pm

I had a real shock today, there I was tottering about ( I am very good at tottering ! ) and the post arrived. There was a letter from the DLA inside was my certificate for free car tax. But thats good I hear you say. No cos when I read the letter properly stamped on it was that it is for people who are registered disabled. I looked at my husband and with a slightly hysterical laugh said oh my god it says im disabled and he said well you are. Maybe im in denial well im not really i just got a huge shock seeing it in black and white. Its so sad im 44 and I have realised today that im going to have to rethink my life. Am i feeling sorry for myself you bet i am but anyone else out there feeling the same sort of thing Im feeling for you too.
joanypops
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sat May 24, 2008 6:29 pm

I think we have all been where you are. I have no problem putting my blue badge on to park, but my hubby wont use it (why) i dont know, as its needed. You are right it just hits you eh
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Lucy-Lemon » Sat May 24, 2008 6:32 pm

it horrible, sitting there filling in forms and seeing in black and white the word disabled...its not something you think about when your're healthy

i hated doing all that and i hate my wheelchair but the reality is, i need them.
its just such a shock to think 5 months ago i could manage my pain by myself and could ride every day of the week and be a teenager...and now im filling in forms with the word disabled all over them...
:cry:
i think we're all in denial...

Lucy x
You can't know a horse's heart until you've walked a few miles in his horse shoes.
Lucy-Lemon
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sat May 24, 2008 6:45 pm

I know exactly how you feel, I'm in the process of filling in my DLA form and when I had to put that I sometimes have to get my husband to cut up my food I felt like crying. I felt so flippin useless :cry:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby joanypops » Sat May 24, 2008 7:09 pm

Thanks for all the replies,I really needed that its a comfort to know Im not alone in thinking as I do.Gentle hugs to everybody.
joanypops
UKFM Member

Postby LADYB » Sat May 31, 2008 4:04 pm

LADYB
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sat May 31, 2008 4:08 pm

Hi LadyB, I would advise that you get someone from CAB to help fill out the form. If not then remember to put down what you are like on your worst days. Also put down why you have problems e.g. I have trouble climbing the stars due to fibromyalgia

If you have any other health problems it can be advisable to put them at the top of the list rather than fibromyalgia as they make look on it more favourably (sad but true)

Hope this helps Gill x x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby rivkalip » Sat May 31, 2008 4:46 pm

I was 40 when i had a fall left me with a few probs and i dx as disabled it horrible even now . i was dx with fibro 3-4 yrs ago ,.thats 11 yrs so guess im used to it now .

You do the best u can when u can , a day at a time .i often say im not disabled but parts of my body r , mind u with fibro fog i guess it got my brain too.

rivka
live life like there is no tomorrow
rivkalip
UKFM Member

Postby claire edwards » Sat May 31, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi all
I guess no-one likes to think they are disabled, especially when its almost overnight for us, it takes time to get used to it, swallow your pride and make the best of it i guess...
Im trying to and i know how hard it is to suddenly be dependant on other people instead of being independant as i have always prided myself on being.
Its also made harder when people dont take you seriously and think you are faking it, this makes me so frustrated as they just dont understand how bad it already is without them making it worse for us.
anyway

take care

claire
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it would be good to hear from people as a form of support and to support.
claire edwards
UKFM Member

Postby mistyblu » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:31 pm

mistyblu
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:44 pm

princess
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:59 pm

princess
UKFM Regular

Postby mistyblu » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:30 pm

mistyblu
UKFM Member

Postby claire edwards » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:45 am

Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it would be good to hear from people as a form of support and to support.
claire edwards
UKFM Member

Postby joanypops » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:29 pm

joanypops
UKFM Member

Next

Return to General Topics