[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - TIPS ON INTERNET FRIENDSHIPS ...

TIPS ON INTERNET FRIENDSHIPS ...

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby gillshutt » Sun May 25, 2008 11:04 am

Well said Sezza, I suppose the rule is... 'you never know for sure so take care'.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

private items

Postby princess » Sun May 25, 2008 12:49 pm

HI

Well yes i totally agree, you never know who is on this or any other forum - Sezza you remember my e-mail?
Not sure if to post that thought or not
help?

Well here is part of it.

You know the beggars on the street selling the big issue?
I once approached one outside my work, it was cold, its was xmas time, and he had a wee pup on a blanket.
I approached and said that i would buy him dog food for his dog - to last over the holidays.
He said no id rather have the money.
Again i said its not for you, its for the dog, what meat does she eat - dog has just had a puppy ok.
Again he said NO i want money.
I walked away feeling very sad that here was i working and going home to prepare for xmas.
I got to the bus stop, turned around and gave this guy a £10 note.
He said no thanks Madam - im ok.
I tried again, again he said no! Quite strongly!
I was dumbfounded, and it stayed with me all holiday.
Anyway back at work and i spoke to my boss about this guy and the puppy and the money.
She said - a few of these guys are under cover cops, they are integrating to try and find the dealers!!!!!
So you see you just never know.
(now i pass them by and say Thank you but i have one!)

You just never know - but if you are careful and look closely some have branded clothes on!!!!!!!
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Ouchy » Sun May 25, 2008 6:22 pm

Well said Sez :D Its always good for people to get reminded from time to time not to be too trusting.
And to be reminded that sadly the internet has many unpleasant people with not so nice motives.
Ouchy
UKFM Member

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Mon May 26, 2008 8:28 am

THE ONLY NORMAL PEOPLE ARE THE ONES YOU DONT KNOW WELL - LETS BE CAREFUL OUT THERE
coventry brittle kid
I LIKE WALKING IN THE RAIN -NO 1 SEES YOUR TEARS
LORD=keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth....AMEN
Sarcasm-Its beats killing people/
Just when I was getting used to yesterday,along came today.
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

be careful

Postby princess » Mon May 26, 2008 2:39 pm

Lets all just be a bit more careful out there.
Last edited by princess on Mon May 26, 2008 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby aily » Mon May 26, 2008 3:59 pm

I think it's a good idea that people know these things Princess.

I'm grateful for the info.
aily
UKFM Member

Postby mistyblu » Mon May 26, 2008 8:35 pm

I totally agree with all that had been said but don't let it put you off meeting new people this way.

I met my boyfriend on the internet, he is a wonderful man and i have known him sometime now, we have been to America together and had a wonderful time. He is the most kind and thoughful person i have ever met, he doesn't worry that i have FMS and if i am tired and in pain he never complains, he just lets me rest or sleep, even if we were going to go out somewhere.
He is great fun to be with.
I know i am very lucky to have him in my life.
:lol:
mistyblu
UKFM Member

Postby mistyblu » Tue May 27, 2008 6:44 pm

Hi Sezza
Thanks for the reply. It was much the same with boyfriend, met him on the friday and we stayed together all weekend and apart from the fact i have to be at home to go to work for 4 days we are not apart and talk at least 2 or 3 times a day, good job i have free all days calls with my broadband.

But i do agree anyone meeting someone off the internet must be very careful, have your mobile on, meet in a busy open place etc.

Valerie
mistyblu
UKFM Member

Postby aily » Wed May 28, 2008 9:43 am

aily
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics