What is Fibromyalgia?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: What is Fibromyalgia?

Postby TATT » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:53 pm

I can't believe you lot.....

Welcome to the forum Suzan but I guess you have run like hell. I am not sure what she meant perhaps she was trying to explain what she knows about it.

I love the humour on this forum guys but just felt sorry for the newbies 1st post

Tatt x
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby Patched » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:45 pm

I believe that the origin of the word 'Poorly' (Poo-rly) stems from "feeling like a pile of poo". Makes sense......?
Patched
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:16 am

Hi all

| am wondering if the original poster was starting this thread for members to add how fibro affects them, at first i wasnt sure but after reading it several times thats how i have interpreted it!!! So :welcome: to the fibro family perhaps we should try again!!! There are so many trolls on forums there is no wonder we get frustrated when someone states the obvious but i do believe we should give the op a chance, if the op is a troll then i will eat my words and question my judge of character,

Millyxxx :-)
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:43 pm

We have no reason to suspect the OP is a troll, the first couple of responses (one of which was mine) was to ask the OP what she was trying to say.

What followed was jokes not aimed at the OP but in fact around what was the (imagined) correct terminology for the symptom of feeling like poo.

In my opinion this post has run its course and should be allowed to sink into oblivion. If the OP was asking what we thought FM was then she could post again making the post more understandable
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Pepperty » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:41 pm

The new members 1st post wasnt abusive in any way?...more a statement of obvious to members, but maybe the person in question is new to internet? Or it could be that half his/her attempted posts were lost in a cut/paste scenario ( as a fellow newbie I can see that could be the case )and it happened to me! :-x
Pepperty
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:31 am

denys wrote:We have no reason to suspect the OP is a troll, the first couple of responses (one of which was mine) was to ask the OP what she was trying to say.

What followed was jokes not aimed at the OP but in fact around what was the (imagined) correct terminology for the symptom of feeling like poo.

In my opinion this post has run its course and should be allowed to sink into oblivion. If the OP was asking what we thought FM was then she could post again making the post more understandable

Hi denys

I was simply giving my opinion for what its worth!!! I am not saying the op is a troll quite the opposite really!!! You are dead right this post should now disolve as it has run its course. All i was trying to do was allow the op to come back and hopefully clear this misunderstanding up. If on my 1st post i had recieved a response that this op had recieved i certainly wouldnt have come back especially if they are struggling to express just how they feel!!!

I am sorry for expressing my opinion!! I really didnt mean to upset anyone.

Millyxxx :-) :grouphug:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:09 pm

Milly, you haven't upset anyone by expressing your opinion :grouphug: :grouphug: If we were to all look at the same things in the same way life wouldn't have the :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: and :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: that it does. I think trying to give the OP another chance to explain what they were actually wanting to say was behind what was posted at the start of the topic, altho with a bit of thought I could have phrased what I was trying to say in a more suitable way :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

We've had a number of trolls and nasties recently, so I think we're still running on Red Knicker Alert to some degree :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: Plus, on some other forums I sometimes frequent, they have been also been hit by trolls, spammers and other undesirables :-x :-x :-x :-x One of the things they have been doing is posting something that just states the obvious, like we have here. Another favourite has been to post a comment on a topic that they know will rile members and get them to reply in their droves as, with most subjects, there will be at least one contentious point that can be used for flaming, such as why e~collars should be used for doglet training or whether an illness is genuine, all in the mind etc. Generally these flaming, spamming scroats tend to just post once and run

So this topic can just fizzle out and drop down into oblivion, I'm going to lock it. Should the OP wish to repost and make it clearer as to what is behind what they are saying, then we can respond in a suitable way.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Previous

Return to General Topics