[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - How are you now compared to this time last year?

How are you now compared to this time last year?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

How are you now compared to this time last year?

Postby Ouchy » Mon May 26, 2008 12:10 pm

My court manager and friend (court manager = warden) popped in for a cuppa and chat the other day and remarked how bad I am now compared to this time last year and that my condition has deteriorated considerably in the past year,(please note I don't just have fibro so don't fear the worst for yourself) she then reminded me that at this time last year I was able on a few occasions to get on the back of a motorbike and zoom off
(oh boy did i suffer afterwards though but to me it was worth it, I am a biker girl at heart always have been)
but now I cant cross my legs let alone get on the back of a bike.

It would be interesting I think to hear how everyone else is now compared to last year.
Ouchy
UKFM Member

Postby Ouchy » Mon May 26, 2008 12:32 pm

It does indeed make sense Sez (well to me it does :lol:)

I think you have done extremely well to over come the problems you had hun, You should feel proud of yourself xxx

PS I am glad you like this topic :D xx
I can have good ideas now n then, but they are few and far between :lol:
Ouchy
UKFM Member

Postby Ouchy » Mon May 26, 2008 12:50 pm

Oh noo I no letting you have my good ideas lol

(Ouchy gets the tin foil to wrap round her head so sez cant gain access to the idea making part of her brain :lol: )
Ouchy
UKFM Member

Postby Ouchy » Mon May 26, 2008 1:04 pm

Typical just typical you have a thingywotsit that I dont have :lol:
Ouchy
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Mon May 26, 2008 1:42 pm

I don't have a thingywotsit either :cry:

Since last year I have had to start using a walking stick all the time when I go out (and sometimes in the house as well) Also, last year, I had pain free days, or just a bit achey days now I just get pain days.

I've had to give up some things, simple things like hanging the washing out and have had to learn to pace myself through the day so I don't crash and burn.

I'm def worse now than I was then... bummer!
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby velvet » Mon May 26, 2008 2:48 pm

definately worse this year. i always go to a big agricultural show this week of the year and knowing it is going to tire me rest up before hand in preperation. last year i was basically pain free and had a constant energy level, and felt good ready for the show. this year again i have rested preparing but i am now on painkillers everyday, i feel tired and am wondering how i am going to manage.
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby suep » Mon May 26, 2008 2:57 pm

I cant remember what I did last week let alone last year :lol:
I do have to use my wheelchair more now than I ever have and I dont go out as much as I used to so thats a yes then
sue
suep
UKFM Member

Postby aily » Mon May 26, 2008 3:47 pm

Fabby post, and quite interesting from my perspective...I shall explain:

This time last year I had a full time job and two part time (one in a bar one with cats protec). When I saw this topic I thought, I'm not so different from then except the pain has worsened. But it's sooooo not true. For example - I've given up my bar job. I'm barely involved in my other P/T job and I get driven to my F/T job and collected from it every evening. I go home and collapse in bed until I do it over the next day. I used to walk home from the pub at 3am (only about a mile and a half, but I'd never be able to do that now) and get up at 6am for work...before going in to the pub at night. The mere thought makes me want to crawl into a corner. My house was a mess, but not to the same extent and I wasn't taking ridiculous amounts of meds. But its very hard to adjust to things and realise the real extent of the pain.

I have been saying that every time I can't get to get my script I've been having med withdrawal, but it's just hit me that I'm not - it's just the extent of my fms without something taking off the edge. EEK!!!

To sum up...it's about time I think...yes I'm worse off :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry guys - lightbulb moment (doesn't happen very often!). So, do we all agree it's not "not degenerative"?!
aily
UKFM Member

Postby Ouchy » Mon May 26, 2008 3:54 pm

Might not be degenerative like the prob with my spine, but so far most people have said they are worse than last year.

It does help to know your not alone with the worsening symptoms thats for sure and maybe we could do a monthy update on our symptoms on here then we can monitor fibro and its effects

What do you all think :?:
(polite replies only please :lol: )
Ouchy
UKFM Member

Postby suep » Mon May 26, 2008 3:56 pm

I think thats a good idea Ouchy,
sue
suep
UKFM Member

Postby aily » Mon May 26, 2008 3:57 pm

definately, great thinking.
aily