What is the Google Bot?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What is the Google Bot?

Postby moomoos » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi, noticed last night and today there is something called Google bot on here and I wondered what it is please?

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], moomoos and 4 guests

I copied that from the last thread I was in, it said that at the bottom. Thanks
moomoos
UKFM Member

Re: What is the Google Bot?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:37 pm

Googlebot is Google's web crawling bot, also known as a spider. Crawling is the process by which bots discover new and updated pages to be added to the search engine's index.

A huge set of pooters are used to fetch or "crawl" billions of web pages. Bots use an algorithmic process (computer programs) to determine which sites to crawl, how often, and how many pages to fetch from each site.

The crawl process begins with a list of webpage URLs that are generated from previous crawl processes that are augmented with sitemap data provided by webmasters. As a bot visits each of these sites it detects links on each page and adds them to its list of pages to crawl. New sites, changes to existing sites and dead linkys are noted and used to update the search engine index.

Hope this helps moomoos :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: What is the Google Bot?

Postby moomoos » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:23 pm

Wow FluppyPuffy :crazy: ...... but thanks :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I wasnt sure if we was being 'spied' on when I kept seeing that everywhere I went :shock: :shock: xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics