[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - How does being ignored online affect you?

How does being ignored online affect you?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: How does being ignored online affect you?

Postby buxbunny » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:15 am

I have to say i feel like this too but i think its just me.
For example when I join a queue threes usually no one that follows behind and i get very "omg wtf. This queue is so racist. lol Russell Howard joke.
I don't know about online i always feel my post are ignored not just this forums but online as a whole like im insignificant to be answered (mostly start of joining as usually stuck around to see the reply.
or..
Do i answer every person whose made a comment...
or...
If i have no real content to contribute does replying constitute as spam
or...
Posting on a topic that from a while back?
or...
I tend to just be on to post another of my rants and raves and people are getting tired
or...
my stuff just to long people fm to read
or..
im just really self obsess because after writing the book that is my post im exhusted and to tired/pain to reply post just read.
or...
Hardly on cause always in bed.

Well to buttons on homepage say active topics and unanswered posts and try to go through much as possible
Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.
buxbunny
UKFM Member

Postby difly » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:33 pm

hi leona
to clarify the illustration referred to the women as a "b---h the language used to refer to the women i found to be offensive ,
and basically didnt find the caption funny as it was making fun at the expense of women , and my understanding is dont they call a dog a B---h ? my opinion of course ,to add to this when you say such things as
"realise that we're all ill or screwed up one way or another in this world".
this doesnt do a lot to help people but reinforces subjective views of people who are struggling to get on with their life and trying to overcome the labels asigned to them .
yes your right when you say we are human beings behind the computer and words do have a big impact
hence my response
difly
difly
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:19 am

I've removed the image concerned with it being of an upsetting nature.

When something it written rather than spoken/said face~to~face, it can very easily be misunderstood or taken in a completely different way to what the OP intended.

There could be a number of reasons why a post doesn't receive any replies, from it being in an unsuitable part of the site/forum to it being something that some feel unable to comment on and a whole host of other possibilities in between. Whilst I try to add a suitable comment to posts as I go along, sometimes it just isn't possible for me to do that it so I read what is being said then try to come back when I'm in a better position to add something.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby difly » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:20 pm

Hi fluppy thankyou for your kind words and sensitive comments I guess I feel strongly about the way in which women have been portrayed . Since joing the forum I have learnt alot from comments made and when able I have made a comment or started a thread .
Sometimes just being reassured that there is a forum to share and care is enough .whenever i read your response you make a strong statement and many a time when i have asked for advise you have suggested options to consider . keep up the good work . difly xx
difly
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:45 am

Thank you difly, I'll do my best to keep it up :grouphug: :hugs: :flowers:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:28 pm

As mods we try to read every post on the forum and we would never ignore anyone on here, we always try to keep the forum running smoothly and would hate to think anyone of our members feel like they are being ignored.

Everyone who uses this forum are ill and some days sufferers might just come on to read posts and might not feel up to replying this does not mean they are ignoring the post they might come back later to reply or if fibro fog sets in they might forget. :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:33 am

I agree with Shaz and also sometimes the words just wont come or seem a bit condescending so in that situation (which I have fallen into a good few times) I will delete the reply cos I dont want to upset anyone by being insensitive but I dont deliberately ignore any post intentionally :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:58 am

well i bet everyone of us here has posted and had that happen where u dont get replys i no i have , it used to really upset me but i learned that sometimes noone does no what to say or rl gets in the way , and im as gulit of it as anyone.i really dont think anyone like to think anyone is alone and one good reply is better then nothing, i do try to reply to ppl who dont have any but u can only really do that if u no what there going through.if nothing else i might just say hello.the thing to remeber is if someone wrote something very sad i no 100 persent most here would be there right behind them xxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Pepperty » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:51 pm

Pepperty
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to General Topics