Just a rant

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just a rant

Postby Debbie89 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:21 am

Grrrrrr!!!! I just needed a rant!
I am so sick today, just when I thought great it looks like I'm having a 'good spell' everything has come back with a vengance over the past few weeks and it has all amounted to me becoming so down :(
The lack of sleep is fine for a while but now it's really starting to take it's toll, I'm up all night with heartburn, twitching, tingles, itching everywhere, I'm too hot even tho the house is freezing, cramp, I have back pain, every time I fall asleep it lasts all of half hour tops!!
Why can't somebody just take this away?? I am normally a really patient parent yet I can feel that I am snappy towards my daughter over things that would normally go straight over my head and be dealt with calmly and swiftly. It's not fair on her and I feel like a bad parent because of it! Grrr gunna cry it out I think....Rant over
Debbie89
UKFM Member

Re: Just a rant

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:31 am

Totally understand the need to cry things out, sometimes you just got to let go of all the emotion that has built up inside. Sorry you are in a bit of a flare, hopefully once you get rid of all the tension in your body you will begin to feel a little better.

Try looking at some of the other post re sleep they might be able to help you get it back under control

take care

xx
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Flash » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:51 am

Oh Debbie, I feel for you. A lot of us seem to be having a really tough time of it. I reallly do think the awful weather has a lot to do with making our pains more unbearable.

It's okay to have a rant, that's one of the good things about this site. You can rant and so many totally get what you are saying.

I brought up 2 lads alone while suffering with this horrible condition and I thought at times that I was a terrible parent. I used to get snappy when times were particularly bad. But, I found that the effort I put in inbetween those times and all the good times we had over rode the crappy days. My lads remember the struggle but remember us getting through it as a strong team. Now they are both adults and will never have me say I screwed up.

On a good day, take some time to explain to your daughter as much as you feel comfortable with. Let her know that you have bad days and sleepless nights. Is she at an age to understand F/M?

I hope you get some help with the sleeplessness, that would be one massive hurdle dealt with. Take care and good luck. :hugs: :hugs:
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:01 am

Hi Debbie

:hugs: I know that feeling. Just when you feel like you have the FM under control it bites you back even harder! It's easier said than done but pacing is a big thing with FM. I'm still learning this lol and it is hard when I see that things need doing. Sometimes when we push ourselves too far it doesn't rare it's ugly head for a few days so it's always hard to pin point exactly what causes the flare.

I still have times where I iwll just sit and bawl my eyes out with the pain, the frustration, exhaustion and I do feel a bit better afterwards, it's good to get things out of your system.

As ISM said we have quite a few posts about sleep and how we try and get the best sleep we can. I use lavender bubble bath/shower gel/moisturiser in the bath just before I get into bed and I find that helps me nod off quite quickly. The more you stress about not sleeping, the less likely you are to fall asleep. Some people try meditation when in bed or just doing some slow breathing exercises to calm the body and mind down - you can get cd's with relaxation techniques on too.

As Flash said, try talking to your daughter - I'm not sure how old she is but if she is old enough to understand FM and what you are going through it may help to get things off your chest.

Take care xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Debbie89 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:23 pm

Hey thanks for the replies, I've tried typing sleep into the search bar but run into the barrier that it is too common a word and as I'm relatively new to the forum I wouldn't know where to begin looking. I know when a doc first suspected FMS she put me on low dose antidepressants that acted as a sleep aid...however just when I thought they were beginning to work I got shipped to a different doc (the one good one I seen was only a locum unfortunately) who didn't believe it to be FMS and told me I didn't need those tablets.
I think when I finally get to see my doc I will ask for those again now that I come armed with a diagnosis!!

I think a good cry definitely helps, I was never much of a crier but seems to have become a hobby of late lol...and unfortunately my daughter is only 3 so there is no hope of trying to explain, she knows that sometimes mammy keeps the curtains shut as she feels poorly or that we will snuggle and watch films today instead of going out but she's really good about it :) although the normal response is a kiss and see mammy I kissed you better, we can go to the park now...I guess since a magic kiss works for her banged knees etc it should work for me too.

I do make the most of the good periods though, I try to make sure we go out regularly to new and exciting places, take last minute caravan holidays, bake cakes, just all the fun stuff that I know she loves...I'm very fortunate that I have a sister who I tend to go everywhere with and say on holiday I need a lie down she will help with the little one...strange that the smallest things make all the difference
Debbie89
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:54 pm

Well, I think already, your daughter is getting enough in put to show you are a great mum. As she gets older, her understanding will grow. It's great you have your sister to help out when needed.

Yes, go back to the doc and put your foot down. You know your body, what works and what doesn't. I have diazapam for the real bad nights and because I use them sparingly, my GP is okay to keep prescribing them. It's obvious to him, I'm not getting addicted to them.

I hope you get somewhere this time.. Take care.
Flash
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics