[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Soooo proud!!

Soooo proud!!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Soooo proud!!

Postby DonnaLily » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:16 pm

Hi all!

I've been a bit awol lately, been so busy!

Little one was poorly and then we started potty training! The first week was touch and go, but by day 8 she cracked it!! No accidents for four days now!! So proud!! :-D

I went to physio for my carpal tunnel type symptoms and he says I've damaged a nerve in my neck and it's taking longer to heal and feels worse coz of the fibro, so I'm back there this week after a week of neck rotations, not sure it's doing anything but we'll see!

Hope you are all well

Donna xx

DonnaLily
UKFM Member

Re: Soooo proud!!

Postby LouLou » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:52 am

That's fantastic news Donna!

Well done to your lil one. I used to work with toddlers and I know how difficult it can be to do the potty training you must be so so proud lol. It's the little things in life that can bring you so much happiness.

My physio gave me some wrist stretches to do to help my wrist as well as other parts of me that hurt a lot and though they do help, I still have days where nothing works and I just have to rest - so don't feel disheartened if you don't feel the benefit straight away. If anything I don't feel as stiff as I used to.

The one stretch I do is to put my hands palm to palm in from of me like I'm praying, then lift my arms up so my hands are above my head and then back down again - this one may help your neck. But if something doesn't feel right or causes more pain then listen to your body.

Also if your wrist still hurts try putting it on a hot water bottle - this works wonders for me when mine is playing up. Oh the joys of FM lol.

Fingers crossed you next physio goes well.
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:26 pm

Aaarww clever girl, its such a big step :-D :-D :-D :-D hope your neck feels the benefit soon :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:57 pm

Sorry Donna ..had to laugh ...can you imagine your DD face when you tell her you broadcast her potty exploits on a forum page on the World wide web ...you may start saving for the shrink ...or you could print off the page & keep it in a memory box ( if you have one) and bring out on her 18th or 21 brithday party....

Glad to hear you are at the physio ..lets hope it soon starts to work
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Soooo proud!!

Postby DonnaLily » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:41 pm

I've put worse on my fb page, she'll do the same when she has kids I imagine!

I live alone so no one else to tell lol

Donna x

DonnaLily
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:59 pm

and we all love to hear the exploits of little ones and sometimes the not so little ones :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:14 pm

Don't get me wrong I love to hear what she has been up to .....all my babies are now all grown up but just for a minute I had this lovely little picture of her 18th birthday party and you giving her a book of all her exploits as detailed on the web ....please keep the stories coming they make my day. :lol: :lol:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:24 pm

:welldone: Lily :clap: :clap: :clap: It does make you so proud when they do these things, they grow up so quickly. :blowkiss:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Soooo proud!!

Postby DonnaLily » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:38 pm

Haha ill conjure up something much worse for her 18th mwahahaha

Christ, she's going to be 18 one day :-/

I've got lots of nudey pics saved up for her first boyfriend hehehe poor girl!!

Donna xx

DonnaLily
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:53 pm

:welldone: :welldone: Lily~pie you clever girlie :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

It's always nice to here when a major stage has been conquered by one of our little ones, you enjoy that proud mummy feeling :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

It is :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: how fast they grow up tho. My :yikes: :yikes: :alien: :alien: teenager will be old enough to start learning to :f1-car: this year yet it only seems such a short time ago that he was doing what Lily is doing now.

Enjoy her and what she does along the way as much as you can, and celebrate those milestones and achievements :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:53 am

Hi FP I'm in the same boat as you my DD, constantly reminding me that she will be able to drive in about 6mths :yikes: . Have to keep reminding her that she won't be able to drive........ just eligible to try!!

DId we have all that confidence at that age ....could do with a little of it now :lol:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:00 pm

At the moment DS isn't sure if he wants to have lessons just yet, or wait for a while. I'm just relieved that I won't have to take him out to practice things when he does start, that delight is all for OH to go even more :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LouLou » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:35 am

Oh My

I have all this to look forward to lol :crazy:
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:54 am

Other 2 darlings :alien: :alien: have already been down that road....lets just say OH always seemed to be available when they needed someone to sit in the car...and I had something very important to do!

:f1-car: :pull-hair: :face-slap: :f1-car: :pull-hair: :face-slap:

..........you get the general picture
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Soooo proud!!

Postby DonnaLily » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:31 am

Thank goodness I have a while before letting her out on the roads!! I think I might have a heart attack! xx

DonnaLily
UKFM Member

Next

Return to General Topics