FEELING SO SAD

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

FEELING SO SAD

Postby jennib54 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:17 pm

:( Hi' feeling sad as had to have a cat put to sleep tonight. We'd only had her for a few months as she'd been abondend, she was so old, had hardly any teeth. her fur stuck on end so i called her 'scruff'.
we'd had to have her to the vets a few weeks ago as she was'nt well then. but yesterday she was a bit poorly but today she deteriorated so fast, so had to take her to the emergency vet.
at least she's not suffering anymore.
she seemed to know why we had taken her. :( :(
jennib54
UKFM Member

Re: FEELING SO SAD

Postby loubie » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:26 pm

aw chin up
you gave her loads of love when it was most needed
and could have done no more than you did.

so be proud of yourself
sad now but no pain :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:29 pm

They do know and they also tell us when they know :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: And with you she had some of the TLC in her final months that she missed out on earlier in her life :cat2: :cat2: :cat2:

Run free in the sunshine at Rainbow Bridge Scruff, young, happy and healthy again :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby jennib54 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:28 pm

:cat2: :cat2: Hi' thanks for your messages. they're much appreciated. :-D :-D
jennib54
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, I feel for you as I had to have one of mine pts towards the end of last year. I cried for days after. She went down hill so fast too and was only a young cat. Its the last kindness you can pay them, but its absolutely heartbreaking.

Loads of love to you...............xxx

Run free Scruff at Rainbow Bridge xxxxxx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:29 am

Aaaawww my thoughts are with you!!! I had to have my dog put to sleep 9 years ago and its as clear today as it was then!!! he was suffering with a large tumour in his tummy so couldnt eat and was so down!!! I did it for him Tyson but it really devastated me. I will be thinking about you but what you have done is probably one of the kindest ever poor scruff wont suffer any more, he was lucky to have you and spend his final few months with :cat2: .

Run free at rainbow bridge scruff, where there is no pain and suffering run free my little one :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
Milly :-) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :hugs:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:37 pm

Oh Jenni

I'm sending you some gentle hugs. At least you gave her a few weeks of love and happiness. She isn't suffering anymore, you did the right thing.

I know it's heartbreaking having lost a pet last year myself. It doesn't matter how long you have them, they are still part of the family. She is running free with all the other lost beloved animals.

Sending you my love and best thoughts
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby jennib54 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:48 pm

:-D :-D Hi guys thanks for all your kind messages. i got a lovely sympathy card from the vets this morning. i was qite taken aback by it as it was the emergency vet that we took scruff to, but had taken her to normal vet a couple of weeks before as she was'nt very well then, the card came from this vet. :-D :-D
:-D :-D just thought that i'd tell you how i come to have 'scruff''. she was hanging round our garden with 1 of our other cats(we have 3 more 2 males and a female).the female one. all her fur was stuck on end and she looked like she could do with a good meal. so i gave her a stroke and then gave her some food, and then she gave herself a wash. and that's how she got called scruff. i then decided to take her in. she was so timid at first that she was'nt sure how to react to being stroked at first.
i dcon't know why people have animals and then just abbonden them it seems so mean.
:-D :-D i fell in love with her straight away, she was about 14-15 yrs old, and had just a few stubs for teeth but had 1 fang left so this name really suited her. :-D :-D
sorry for the long essay.

now she's running free with all the other pets in pet heaven. :-D :-D
jennib54
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:14 am

I think Scruff knew that you were the huu~mon for her, she must have had a word with your other puddy~kats who told her things would be fine with her joining you all :cat1: :cat1: :cat1: :cat1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

FEELING SO SAD

Postby DonnaLily » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:15 am

Aww I'm really sorry for your loss, and think its brilliant that you took her in when she was in need and I bet she had the best few months with you :-) it's always devastating when having to put a pet to sleep

Rest in peace scruff

Xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"
DonnaLily
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:46 pm

Sorry to hear about scruff :hugs: at least she went knowing she was loved by you, you made her last few months special.
She will be running free without pain in rainbow bridge with all her new :cat1: :cat2: :chicken-dance: :chicken: :sheep: :pigoink 1: :horse_running: :cow-wave: friends :hugs: :blowkiss:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:25 pm

awww hun i no how hard it is . i lost both my dogs in 3 months one was 14 and on was 11 and he had mouth cancer , broke my heart this year.we just got a little seacon hand..... hehe jack russle she 4 and help ease the lose of my big old teddybear dog
remeber dog is god backward :-D
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:53 pm

Just goes to show what a wonderful person you are, :blowkiss: :blowkiss: You took that poor little darling in and gave her the safest warmest most love filled last mile in life that any cat could have. Keep Scruffs memory close, she came to you for a reason. What goes around, comes around.

And how nice for the vet to send a card, they obviously respect you for what you did. Love to you and love to the memory of Scruff. :cat2: :cat2: :cat2:
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby jennib54 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:56 pm

:-D :-D Hi' guys thanks for all your kind and thoughtful messages, they are much appreciated. :-D :-D

:cat2: :cat2: :cat2: Scruff run free in rainbow land missing you. xxxx :cat2: :cat2: :cat2: :cat2:
jennib54
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics