Useful advice sheets from my GP

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Useful advice sheets from my GP

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:11 am

Flaw ...have to add how sucessful your GPs notes have been ......OH is a reluctant reader of anything to do with FM , he's a head in sand kinda guy. However sent him the link and he has read at least some of the posts ..so I would say its a great result .

Thank You & your GP :-D :welldone:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FMEDSKittyWarrior » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Dear Fibromites,

I thought I would share some of the help I have found:

Your local Council are a great resource with the help of my GP.

My GP referred me to local counselling service and because I am not mobile a counsellor visits me at home.

I a Taxicard and Blue Badge through the local council with my GP's help.

I am now in the process of applying for carer to help me with my grooming and self care on on a daily basis and help me get out of the house once a week Adult social care for the local council.

My husband has been my carer for the last seven years I have just registered him with carer centre with the local council so he is supported.

I am in the process of finding if I can have physio at home.

I hope this helps fellow Fibromites that are immobile like me.
FMEDSKittyWarrior
UKFM Member

Postby Geek-Girl » Sat May 11, 2013 7:03 pm

Thank you so much for posting these! I was diagnosed on Thursday and left the room with a small booklet feeling as though it was my fault and with no further support ..... The advice " get more exercise", and not told how I might manage this when I am in so much pain most of the time.

I am very scared, not sure what the future holds anymore and still crying intermittently because of the shock. I wish the consultant had been like your doctor!
Geek-Girl
UKFM Newbie

Postby LouLou » Tue May 14, 2013 10:36 am

Hi Geek-Girl

Welcome to the forum.

I'm so sorry your consultant was so horrible, unfortunately a lot of us have encountered this kind of behavious during our diagnosis. This forum hold so much information and tips on what can help from actual sufferers so have a look around and give a few things a try - you never know what you may find that helps.

In terms of exercise I would just take things very slowly and only do what you feel you can. Some people find they can't do any exercise at all and others find they can do gentle walking/cycling/swimming etc. But it's more about what suits your body individually as a person and what your body can handle.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Picklepudding » Tue May 14, 2013 12:45 pm

Very useful and helpful information - thank you x
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Postby fruity72 » Sun May 19, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi

The link didn't work for me :cry:

Did anyone save them that could send to my email?
fruity72
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun May 19, 2013 5:31 pm

The link does not work now :dunno: maybe it has been taken down.?

Flaw do you know if your gp has removed it?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby imstillme » Sun May 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Hi, Tried to follow the link but came up with adverts about Fibro . Any chance of showing me another way to access this please as it sounds very interesting from what others have posted.
imstillme
UKFM Newbie

Postby fibro-lu » Sun May 19, 2013 9:09 pm

imstillme wrote:Hi, Tried to follow the link but came up with adverts about Fibro . Any chance of showing me another way to access this please as it sounds very interesting from what others have posted.

same here
has anyone downloaded it onto PC?

:cow-wave:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun May 19, 2013 9:27 pm

It would seem that all linkys to HighView Surgery are dead. I tried Googlying and altho a number of them came up, when I clicked on them they all came up with the Error 404 Page Not Found message.

Searching for the GP that is mentioned in relation to FM, this linky says that she is leaving in July 2013 http://www.doctoralia.co.uk/consultant/ ... o-12154501 which could explain why all the sheets etc relating to FM are no longer available :-? :-? :-?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun May 19, 2013 10:14 pm

Thanks Flup I had tried to look too but didnt get far, shame they've taken the link down :( :(
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fibro-lu » Mon May 20, 2013 7:00 pm

someone must have down loaded it propperly :-?
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Tue May 21, 2013 10:29 am

Hi guys

I may just be your Knight in Shining Armour riding in on my noble steed lol. I saved the documents on my desktop. It won't let me load them onto here as I have them saved as a PDF :(

If anyone wants me to e-mail them PM me your e-mail address and I'll happily forward them to you.

Moderators are you able to post these documents as a thread if I send them to you?
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue May 21, 2013 1:40 pm

LouLou wrote:Hi guys

I may just be your Knight in Shining Armour riding in on my noble steed lol. I saved the documents on my desktop. It won't let me load them onto here as I have them saved as a PDF :(

If anyone wants me to e-mail them PM me your e-mail address and I'll happily forward them to you.

Moderators are you able to post these documents as a thread if I send them to you?

Have PM'd you LouLou :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LouLou » Tue May 21, 2013 2:04 pm

Fluppy

I've e-mailed them to you. Just hope there is someway you can get them posted on here as they really are great info sheets, so glad I saved them now.

In the meantime I don't mind forwarding to anyone who wants them.

xx
LouLou
UKFM Regular

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics