[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Lacking sleep... Any advice?

Lacking sleep... Any advice?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Lacking sleep... Any advice?

Postby SuperCat007 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:32 am

I'm not really sure where to post this, but opted for here as it isn't caused by fibro.

So a neighbour has felt the need to get chickens (fine) AND a cockerel(very much not fine at all)! For 3 weeks now, almost every night it has woken me up between 2-4 times a night at times varying between 3 am- 6 am. Bearing in mind I got really ill at uni after being woken up multiple times a night and the fact that I'm feeling awful. I'm really worried I'm headed to another relapse. Which would be awful because in the last 3 weeks or so I have finally started feeling like a 'normal' person, after having my wisdom teeth removed. What can I do?

A little background: can't talk to them because they hate us, they genuinely believe they run the place and have the right to do what they want, when they want.

The council will do nothing unless I submit a formal noise complaint. Something which has been done by others multiple times before due to their son playing music so loud it can be heard a mile away. (an actual mile!)

The woman shouted at me once because our dog woke her up barking 'every morning'. Granted our dog does bark in the morning, he has to announce that he's been to the toilet. He's very well trained, but this is one think I haven't been able to do anything about. BUT he is never out before 7 am. Also we have caught her children throwing stones and rocks at him over the fence, along with many other things that have disrupted our lives.

Basically they're disruptive and they're stupid. Has anybody got any advice as to what I could do??

Thanks, apologies for the essay, I'm feeling more than a little cross this morning!
SuperCat007
UKFM Member

Re: Lacking sleep... Any advice?

Postby LouLou » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:41 pm

OMG Supercat

I felt so annoyed and angry reading your post I can only imagine how annoyed you're feeling. It's the one thing that really annoys me is neighbours being like that. Me and my OH try to be really conscious of our noise levels and it irritates me that others can't show the same courtesy.

When our neighbour first moved in next door (Polish lady) she used to blast her music so loud our walls would shake and pictures fell. You could hear it miles away like you could hear your neighbours! So we had to go round and tell her a few times and now we don't hear a peep from her. But I guess you have exhausted that option already.

I know how annoying it is to have your sleep disturbed, especially having FM where any sleep we get is very very precious and like you I feel much worse when I don't get a decent amount of sleep regularly.

As for throwing things at your dog that made me even more angry. I think your dog is very well trained to announce he has finished going to the toilet, in fact that made me smile thinking about that. I'm a dog owner too and I hate any sort of nastiness towards animals.

The only thing I can think of right now is maybe try Citizens Advice? Or your local council. I don't think the Police would be much good with things like this unfortunately. The one thing I would recommend doing is keeping a noise diary of the times and the noise levels so you have something to actually show. Plus try and get as much info from your other neighburs about how much it is bothering them. Include you having FM as that is a diagnosed illness and you need your rest.

I hope that helps a bit Supercat, if not I'll come round and help sort them out ;-)
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:32 pm

Hi
You should call/write to the council and explain you are ill and they are keeping you awake and causing you stress which is not good for your illness. Can you get your neighbours to write in as well?

Keep a diary and log every event even when the kids throw things over :evil: :nono: Just keep writing as they have to do something, if not go to your local mp to see if they can help and just say the stress is making your fibro worse. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby SuperCat007 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:24 pm

Thank you so much for your replies. Sometimes I do wonder if I'm just being too sensitive, you know how you can feel sometimes with fibro :roll: :crazy: . But your replies have made me feel much better.

I am keeping a diary now, but my mum and I have actually swapped bedrooms this morning so I am at the opposite end of the house to the cockerel! It is something which has been on the cards for a while because I had the en-suite in my old room, so I suppose it's only fair she has it now and she sleeps much deeper than I do! :lol:

I will monitor it though, and I will ask if I see anyone. We don't know any of the other neighbours very well, but it must be disturbing them too because I heard it crowing when I was walking the dog; and I was around 1/2-1 mile away! :yikes: :shock:

Thank you, I really appreciate your replies. :-)
SuperCat007
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:16 am

What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics