[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Lower Back Pain

Lower Back Pain

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Lower Back Pain

Postby janlou » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:59 pm

Hi everyone, I was hoping to get a little advice on back pain....I have had this for a number of yrs and its getting worse. I have had chronic pain now for over 18mths, and have just been told I have Fibromyalgia....I cope well some days with the pain, however when my back hurts it puts me back days.

Would love to do some excerise, I do simple stretching and walk, but not too far. Does anyone else have back ache, its a weird sort of pain, its like electricity going through me, and its so painfull. :cry:
janlou
UKFM Member

Re: Lower Back Pain

Postby denys » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:24 pm

I suffer with my back, have you tried water bottles or those curaheat pads. They may loosen things up enough to allow you to do some gentle exercise. Whatever you do dont do too much, pace always
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Fri May 03, 2013 5:33 pm

Hi
I suffer with back pain as well, some times if i move wrong i can put it out for days, like Denys i use hot water bottles & a Tens machine. My gp has gives me diazepam when i get bad.

Hot baths might help you as well. Hope it eases soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 03, 2013 9:26 pm

Another here with lower back pain at times :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Heat, TENs and soaks in hot baths are my plans of attack as well, with changes to meds as and when needed to help me get thru it. I also try to keep moving around rather than resting it all the time so I don't lock/cease up completely.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby latmaz » Sun May 05, 2013 8:15 pm

back pain here too tho the soteo arthritis adds to it. i have acupuncture when its really bad. avoid sitting in office type chairs as they make it much worse

gentle exercise is best, something like swimming if poss. course if u cant move exercise is easier said than done!! try cold compresses as well as hot as they can help a lot. i have one of those ice cold roll on things, very effective and VERY cold
latmaz
UKFM Member

Postby janlou » Wed May 08, 2013 5:12 pm

Thanks everyone for your advice, I am waiting for physio and hope to use a hydro pool.....Back really hurts and I have to walk around slowly because if I sit too long I cant move....I am alo trying to cut out processed foods and try to eat more fruit and veg..Find my stomach goes in cramps with the slightest bit of pizza or other rubbish gives me awful pains.

Jan
janlou
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics