[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - singed off for a week

singed off for a week

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

singed off for a week

Postby teepee » Thu May 09, 2013 1:14 pm

,I feel really frustrated I was feeling okish a few weeks ago and I now feel a bit down hearted that I feel so rough now. :( .I went back to my G.P yesterday as I felt I could not ignore how I felt any longer, as my souls of my feet hurt so much as well as both my legs hips back, and my neck at the mo is going in and out of what feels like spasms, :crazy: ,I walk a bit like I`m well over the hill lol. My G.P. has given me some Tramadol which at the moment is making me feel sick, but she told me I need a rescue remedy for days like this, then she signed me off for a week.I did think about this and I know she is right, and I know I will have times like this but I just feel this fibro is trying to rule me. My emotions are all over the place, sometimes I wont to curl up in bed and stay there for a while and sometimes I would like to walk away fast enough so that my fibro would have trouble keeping up! SO as I am off work and have some time on my hands I will have to get use to daytime telly :crazy: :pull-hair: . Never mind I can always catch up on some dvd`s that I have not had time to watch. :-D
teepee
UKFM Member

Re: singed off for a week

Postby whoami » Thu May 09, 2013 3:11 pm

Teepee......you need to try and relax. Take this time and let your body heal.

I can relate to your frustration of not knowing what is going to happen next. Sometimes we have to just lay back let the fibro take it's course. It doesn't mean that you are giving in and fibro is running your life, only that we need to relax, take the medication to cope with the pain and let it run it's course. You know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Better days are ahead. There may be a lot more long dark tunnels but there always is a light eventually.

When I get times like this I have to think of fibro being kind of like a thorn in my finger. It's there, I can't get it out, if I leave it alone it will come to a head. Be very swollen, infected and painful. It will reach it's breaking point, pop open and be gone........ until I get another. I just have to get over the painful time and brighter days ahead.

Try to let yourself relax. If you can let others cater to you. I know as much as you feel depressed and down things will feel better. Find some of those older comedies to watch, have a good chuckle. I will be thinking of you.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu May 09, 2013 4:49 pm

Hi
Hope you feel better soon. :hugs: :flowers:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Fri May 10, 2013 12:42 am

Get better wishes from me too, as has been said you do need to try to relax. If the telly makes you feel worse then switch it off, there is only so much day time TV anyone can stand :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: maybe invest in a relaxation tape and just have some quite time to listen to it but anyhow :fingerscrossed: you start to improve soon :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby LouLou » Fri May 10, 2013 10:17 am

Hi teepee

Sorry you are having a rough time lately. Like the others said, take this time to rest and recover. My feet and legs are quite painful to and I find resting my feet on a hot water bottle or in a foot spa (bowl of warm water will have the same effect) helps.

In terms of the Tramadol, try and have a few biscuits or something before you take them. I've been on Tramadol for a few years now but remember when I first started on them they made me feel sick all the time.

:hugs: hope you feel better soon.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics