[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Having a bad time...read this and dont quit

Having a bad time...read this and dont quit

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Having a bad time...read this and dont quit

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:34 am

--You Did

There are situations in your life
that you thought you would never overcome. yet .....you did
There have been losses you've have suffered
that you thought you would never beable to get beyond, and yet ....you did

For you are here today,stronger/ wiser, more knowledgeable as a result of it all,Though the road had its rough spots you've successfully made your way along it. There will certainly be rough spots ahead and there maybe even be some particularly difficult ones right now

So it pays to look back and remember/that even though you thought you wouldn't get through.......you did and perhaps, if you think it-
You'll see that there's really never a reason to doubt yourself

For when life challenged you to make your way through......you did it
and now even more importantly .......you will
Last edited by MISS BUNNYPENNY on Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
coventry brittle kid
I LIKE WALKING IN THE RAIN -NO 1 SEES YOUR TEARS
LORD=keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth....AMEN
Sarcasm-Its beats killing people/
Just when I was getting used to yesterday,along came today.
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

Postby rachi » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:18 pm

THANK YOU MISS BUNNYPENNY READING THAT HAS GIVEN ME STRENGTH I KNOW I CAN DO I JUST WISH IT WASN'T SO HARD.

P.S I'M NOT SHOUTING I JUST THOUGHT I WOULD MAKE IT EASIER FOR MISS BUNNYPENNY TO READ :wink:
what idiot said " pain is so close to pleasure"
rachi
UKFM Member

having a bad time read this

Postby antonia » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:25 pm

thanyou so much for this post it has like rachi made that little bit more strength fight to the surface thankyou :o
antonia
UKFM Member

Postby smurf » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:13 am

Thank you for those words miss Bunnypenny, they are really thought provoking, and so true.
we may not always see it , but looking back does make us realise just how far we have come, strength doesn't always mean physical, but came mean inner strength.
it amazes me just how much I took for granted, that now i appreciate much more, and value the daily achievements , however small that I make.

also by not giving myself a hard time when sometime (more then I like to admit,) when I don't achieve as much as I would like too, because its not one of my better days. however when I do achieve things in the day, I'm happy to acknowledge I've done well.

since having been diagnosed I have learned so much more about myself, and how important a good sense of humour is, for helping me face the challenges fibro chucks at me.

Gentle hugs to all, Smurf
smurf
UKFM Member

Postby Floella19 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:18 pm

Thanks Miss Bunnypenny. You are right, we always get through somehow. My Grandad always taught me that you should learn something new everyday. So, even on my bad days when I feel as though I have achieved nothing, if I look back on the day there is usually something I have heard or seen that has taught me something I didn't know yesterday!! If not then I get on the net and find something or just pick up the dictionary and learn a brand new word!! Sounds strange :shock: , but even on my darkest days I remember this and it does make me feel better!! Give it a go.
Love from Flo xxx
Floella19
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:32 pm

There's an old Scottish saying - The good lord only gives you what you can deal with.
(i wonder at times).
But no matter what has been thrown at me over the years, loosing my 6 pregancies at 5 months and now this illness - i have come through and am pretty unafected, not depressed about any of it.
Mind you last night i had to walk into the kitchen, i was in tears, really sobbing, after watching Lauren in Emmerdale and the baby crisis - so maybe it does affect me a bitty.
Thankfully i had the most wonderful gift of two babies after 10 and 13 years, they are now adults and married, but still my babies in my heart.
Now im a granny of a 16month old wee girl, who has just stolen my heart.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby smurf » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:06 pm

I don't know about that saying, I'm not sure God only let's those who can cope with it all, getting it, but how we grow in other ways and our teachings to others in how we live our lives.
I think its so we can teach others, and normals. that we can still be ourselves and have a sense of humour,
the fact we don't take anything for granted now.
not everyone appreciates the simple things in life,

ie; walking up the stairs without falling up or down then, having a wash by yourself or even cooking a meal.

so long as we endevour to do our best in all our actions, then we have achieved, so be happy with yourself.

gentle hugs to all
smurf
UKFM Member

dont quit

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:18 am

Don't quit when things go wrong, as they sometimes will.
When the road you're trudging seems up hill.
When the funds are low and the debts are high,and you want to smile
but you have to sigh..............rest if you must.........
BUT DON'T YOU QUIT.

[Failure is an event.....never a person.]
coventry brittle kid
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

Postby RobG » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:34 am

I think I may have been fortunate on the self motivation thing. When I left school I joined the army and basically had the "YOU WILL NEVER EVER QUIT" ethos drilled into me. I had a bad fall breaking both legs but instead of giving up I did thing I could do from my wheelchair like loading magazines (the bit of the rifle that holds the bullets), ironing (bloody loads of ironing) etc just to show to the rest of the squadron and myself I could still do something.

There have been times when I have thought of giving up but then think "No I am not going to quit, I am going to make the best of this situation there is always something I can do!" At the moment that does tend to consist of sleeping and aching, but I know later I will be able to do soemthing.

Chin up everyone we may not win every battle but we will go down fighting!
when I die I want it to be in my sleep like my grandad not screaming and shouting like the passengers on the bus he was driving!
RobG
UKFM Member

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:01 am

There are at least 2 people in the world
you would die for
At least 15 people in the world
love you in some way
The only reason anyone would ever hate you
is because they want to be you
Listen with compassion
speak with your heart
see with your soul
touch with tenderness
Bring light into the darkness
Be generous with love and kindness
leave with a smile :)
coventry brittle kid
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics