[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Our Weekend!

Our Weekend!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Our Weekend!

Postby whoami » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:11 am

So, I was not expecting the best weekend. We make the best out of what is given.

The weather report called for a high of 12C
My neck, shoulder and back were all giving indications of a very painful weekend

We left friday noon, determined to have a good time camping.

Our campsite was perfect, in the middle of the bush (forest) nobody around us. We couldn't see another campsite.

Cold through the night temp dropped to 4C.

Saturday absolutely beautiful day...high 22C. My pain was back to the normal level of pain. Put on new Fentanyl patches and I enjoyed the day. We cooked steak, potatoes over fire and had a ceaser salsd, rinsed down with a bottle of bubbly. Sleep wasn't the greatest. I was tossing too much and kept having issues with CPAP hose coming off.

Sunday...high of 20C. We actually went for a walk and the lady's slippers were in full bloom. I was really having a hard time restraining myself from digging some up for my garden.

We even tried a bike ride but I am not blessed with a bottom that sits comfortably on a bike seat. I felt that I was sitting on two very arthritic knuckle bones. LOL

We didn't see much wildlife. Only a doe and her fawn, raccoonns fighting

This turned out to be an absolutely wonderful weekend
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Re: Our Weekend!

Postby Picklepudding » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:24 am

Lovely to hear that you had a good time x
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:06 am

Sounds beautiful , I much prefer wild camping than being surrounded by others in an over crowded field !. Glad you ended up having a good time Whoami, its these little gems that keep us going. Your task now is to start planning the next weekend away....go girl :-P
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Otter65 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:23 am

Hi sounds like you had a great time makes me feel like I should arrange something for our 25th Wedding Anniversary rather than just keep using FM as an excuse for not going away

Xx
Otter65
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:26 am

Would 2nd the thought for 25 anniversary celebrations.......... :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :bear-dancing: after all its quite an achievement in this day and age.

I've relatives coming to stay this summer who although they know I have FM are not familiar with how it effects me and so in the heat of the moment I arranged a trip to London. The closer it gets the more nervous I am about being able to participate but reckon you have to do something mad now and again or the FM has won !

:goodluck2: in finding somewhere wonderful to go for your anniversay and don't forget to celebrate in style :twodrinking2:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:55 am

So glad you managed to get your weekend away :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: The site sounds very idyllic, and cooking food over the fire adds to it as well :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Along with the surprise bonus of better weather, it sounds like even an uncomfortable :girl_moon: on the bike wasn't as troublesome as it could have been :lol: :lol: :lol: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby whoami » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:10 am

Picklepudding...thanks it was great!

Iceskatemum....Already have in mind to go again in two weeks. We will take the trailer rather than tent. It is nicer on the body. They, whoever they are, LOL say everything falls apart at forty. Let me tell you, "they". Must never reach fifty because then you start to lose the fallen parts, LOL

Otter65.....it is our 25th in two years and we are going to do something special....no pampering at all

......our cruise will be on a 17'ft boat, perfect for those inland lakes!
......no mud packs at spa, mud only to keep the mosquitos away!
......fine dining will be a very slowly cooked meal over an open fire!
......deluxe accomodation, 6 weeks on an air mattress in one of the best tents money can buy!

We would like to travel the Yukon, Northwest territories and Nunavit, the only places in Canada we have not been.......Hello, tundra, bears and a hole in the ground privy (don't forget collapsable shovel )...Heaven to us!
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:23 am

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LouLou » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:42 am

Whoami

I'm so glad you had such a good weekend. It really sounds like heaven, being at one with nature and the scenery must be amazing in Canada.

I love hearing stories like this, it is posisble to still have a life with FM, we just have to make some adjustments.

Looking forward to hearing about your next adventure
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:05 pm

Yes Fluppypuffy......these bears :teddy-bear: ....live ones also, LOL

We have quite often had bears visit our campsite. On one holiday we had a rather large male black bear come every night. Every night we would go down to the water to check the boat was secure and he would walk around our site. Then later at night while we were in bed we would here him once again circle our tent.

The stories of our adventures I could tell you. I could start a whole new topic of the happy couple's holidays and have you either scared to death or in stitches, LOL
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:14 pm

If you hadn't guessed, I have a bit of a love for :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: both the cuddly versions and the real ones, so having them wandering around so close by sounds absolutely brilliant, as well as somewhat :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby whoami » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:27 pm

I only have one cuddly 6ft 2inch, 250lb cuddly one that,
Doesn't try to intimidate me with his presence
Doesn't make it inconvenient to cook sometimes
Doesn't mind sharing his enviroment

Bears really are very dangerous animals that need to be respected. Whe camping we are in his enviroment, his home. You really have to do your homework on how to camp amongst wildlife to be safe...and I do not mean carrying Bear Bells...they are useless
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby masonsbarms » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:42 pm

hi glad you had a good time xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:23 pm

Thanks it was great.

I really, really encourage people to just go and say B...... You fibro! If you want to do something do it. I understand all about the pain and discomforts but sometimes getting out helps. Yes...we don't do the things the way we did before fibro but trust me on this you can find a way to enjoy old hobbies, trips etc.

Sometimes it can take a lot of imagination, stubborness.and yes sometimes tears of pain but just getting even a few moments of excitement , normal living can do wonders.

Sometimes the pain of sitting in a car for 13 hours to get to that spot, and sleeping in the forest on a wet cold night is worth the next day of being 20 again and doing the wild thing on a remote beach, nobody around for miles, not even a plane in the sky. Where else can two middle aged people in love have fun , their way, no matter how silly it would look.

We never know what tomorrow can bring for us. Don't let anything money, illness stop you from doing what you enjoy. It may not be without complications, take longer to enjoy but your special enjoyment, wether it be knitting, or fulfilling. your wildest dreams is worth the trouble to try.

Life is not a dress rehearsal.....we get one chance to live!
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Flaw » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:52 pm

Sounds wonderful :)
What a peppy last message, made me want to get out and do something! I managed a small bike ride today though (first time I've been on a bike in about 15 years!)
Absolutely nothing better than grounding yourself in nature.
I firmly believe in tree hugging for making yourself feel better :mrgreen:
Flaw
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics