Don't need anymore bad news

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Don't need anymore bad news

Postby SuzyVB » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:40 pm

I'm beginning to reach breaking point :( not only do I have to contend with severely reduced mobility due to fibromyalgia, ME & connective tissue disease they've now revoked my driving licence because I've lost my peripheral vision :( I live in a remote village & my car was my lifeline as there are only 3 buses a day to the local town.

I really need my car especially at the moment as my daughters still recovering from being hit by a drunk driver so she has lots of physio appointments and such. Gutted is not the word :'(
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Re: Don't need anymore bad news

Postby denys » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:16 pm

Suzy so sorry to hear this, unfortunately even though I know you badly need your car, you also need to be safe. Is there anything the opticians can do for you???? do you have a mobility car???? cos maybe they can do something to help with mirrors etc. I dont know but if you can show you are safe then surely you would be able to apply for your licence back :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby SuzyVB » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:19 pm

I'm going to see my GP tomorrow morning to discuss the options.
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:21 pm

:goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby whoami » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:44 pm

I can relate and feel your frustration.

I also live in a village, no bus service at all, no shop in village either. LOL we have a library! I have to go back to the sleep clinic due to sleep apnea. The thing is, I fall asleep instantly, even during conversation, in the car etc. I am afraid my license will be pulled but certainly would understand. I do not have a car so I only get to drive if hubby is home, then I do groc etc at night. I would have no independence left. It is frustrating now with no bus service at all.

Let us know how you make out.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby SuzyVB » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:37 pm

If you have sleep apnoea you're supposed to tell the DVLA if not you can be fined £1000 and end up in trouble if anything does happen so be careful
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:50 pm

I live in Canada...we don't have that ruling. A Dr has got to have your license removed. I don't hardly drive now. Since I don't have a car I only go once in a while, however the last time I drove was 2 months ago. The point is, I feel for anyone that loses their license. Your independence has gone.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby lolo73 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:28 pm

Suzy that is really tough, can you get community transport to pick you up? Also work out how much your car costs you a month and then use that budget to get the odd taxi ride. I am sure despite being upset about your independence you realise if is in the interest of your and other peoples safety, it is an awful blow though x
lolo73
UKFM Member

Postby SuzyVB » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:16 am

My GP said an appeal is unlikely to be successful my only hope is that they can improve my eyesight between Opthalmology and neurology so not to hold my breath.
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics