I couldn't say I was in pain

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I couldn't say I was in pain

Postby whoami » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:38 pm

Today I got up and my legs and hips were just aching, you know the one, right through the bones. Also, I can barely stay awake, just constant yawning. I just wanted to stay in a hot bath all day if I could and sleep at the same time.

Today my hubby had to have his PRP injection so of course I went with him for support.

Let me tell you, after watching my hubby and the pain he went through having it done I was not about to complain. It is a sight to see a 260 lb. 6ft 3 inch man in tears with pain. A man who never complains even when his hand went through the saw.

I felt so bad for him and I could do nothing to help. So....the least I can do today is not to mention how much I would like to be in the tub.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Re: I couldn't say I was in pain

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:20 pm

Hi sweetie what is prp. Is sounds horrid. And I hope whatever it is helps him and is worth it.
That's what we do isn't when we love someone who is suffering ,try to make out we're ok.
I'm sure you just being there was a great comfort to him.
Sending you both gentle hugs xxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:23 pm

Thanks for the hugs. Hubby actually laughed at the thought of him getting hugs from "painprincess". LOL

P R P.......platlet rich plasma

As I have mentioned before, hubby, put his hand through a table saw. Because he could not use his right hand he over compensated with his left side. He damaged muscles and ligaments, actually tore, in his left arm.

This happened going on three years. He has had three surgeries on his hand, physio etc. His arm has had all sorts of physio and through MRI determined that surgery could not repair the tears or remove dead ligament tissue.

For one last option they decided to do P R P. What it is...they draw blood and seperate the plasma, then inject the platelet enriched plasma back into the damaged area.

Platelets release growth factors, that stimulate stem cells to regenerate new host tissue, that should help heal.

When the plasma was injected it was very painful. I have never seen him in so much pain, even after the accident. I was blessed with the strength to be able to keep calm through tramatic experiences, such as being able to deal with his hand and only tissue, no bone left, so I can be right in there trying to calm him and watch this.

He had it done wed and now fri morning he is still in pain about an 8.

The sad thing about this is that all the other Dr's we talked to say that it will not work because itvshould have been done right after the injury and not a couple of years later.

He is still not back at his job and was told it is unlikely he will be able to do his job again. This creates mental stress because he loves his work and gave 150% to his job
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi whoami

I hope your hubby feels some relief from the pain soon. I can't begin to imagine what that felt like to see the man you love in so much pain.

I also hope you managed to get your much longed for soak in the tub
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:02 pm

All night my hubby kept saying, you need your hot bath I'll run it for you. Bless him! He treats me like a princess

Yes, thanks I soaked yesterday while he was sleeping. I hope his pain goes soon and that it will have also taken all the original pain with it.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby SuzyVB » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:05 pm

Hugs. I hope your pain & his improve soon. I'd rather be in pain myself than watch someone I love in pain I know lots of people don't understand that.
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:29 pm

Sending soft hugs to you both. It's so nice to hear how you both try to make each other feel better. :-)
Wishing your hubby best of luck, I hope the treatment works and your and his pain gets better.
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics