[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - I really need to sleep, any ideas how?

I really need to sleep, any ideas how?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I really need to sleep, any ideas how?

Postby momsy05 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Hello all,
i am going through a really rough time lately with pain and simply am in too much agony to sleep. :crazy: :crazy: Just dont know what to do, i take tramadol, cocodamel,fluxatine, thyroxine. I have tried but have been unable to tolerate gabapentin or lyrica as it gives me severe heart palputations even on a low dose.

I have tried a bath before bed, milk, i drink decaf tea and coffee taken hot water bottle to bed, had husband massaging me- love him!!!! I have been married for 22 years and hubby is 14 years older but i am the one who is falling apart :oops: .

I have had -i would guess around six hours sleep in the past week, awake night after night and is now driving me crazy :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Tonight i am having a couple of shots of white rum to try to knock myself out.Just dont know what to do, cant carry on like this i have a massive headache and feel so rough any advice would great.
momsy05
UKFM Member

Re: I really need to sleep, any ideas how?

Postby denys » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:23 pm

Watch out for alcohol on top of your medication I wish I had some tips for you but unfortunately I am in a similar position as a lot of members are, sleep either eludes us or engulfs us and apart from the pain is the next most debilitating symptom. I hope you manage to get some rest soon :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 pm

It's something I'm battling with as well, so I'm a bit short of ideas as well. I have a going to bed routine in place, I have wax melts that are fragranced to help with winding down when in the bath and sleeping more restfully. OH makes sure the burner is lit in time to fragrance the bedroom nicely :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Do be careful with adding alcohol to your meds cocktail as it can have an effect on how they work, which could make you feel even worse than you currently do.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby moomoos » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:40 am

I use meditation. I have one on a cd called The Body Scan, which I used to use every night without fail, then I found an app on my iPhone called Sleep Easily by Shazzie, this one I use the most now and I fall asleep before the end of the Meditation every time.

I used to have real trouble with sleep because of pain before I started meditating, now I fall asleep quite easily. Its always worth a try. Hope it helps you if you do decide to try it
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby momsy05 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:12 pm

Thankyou so much for all your replies, its nice to know that i am not alone,but at the same time i really wish we could all be free from this awful illness :/

Tried the drink but really not a drinker at all,and as you say it can interfer with meds.

there are some nice ideas here and i will be trying the burners with fragrance and also the cds.

Once again thanks for taking the time to respond,hope you all have a restful, painfree(we wish ;-) ) and happy christmas :hohoho1: :hohoho1: :hohoho1: :hohoho1:
momsy05
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:34 pm

Hope you get some sleep.... Happy Christmas momsy05
moomoos
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics