hydro phiso

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hydro phiso

Postby cat123 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:04 am

I had my first hydro phiso this tues.the phiso did 20 mins of exersize in the pool with me,which diddent hurt,she said she will increase time of exersize as weeks go on.I can see allready the benifit,as i diddent acke so much that night.But the next day wow,i was so tired again.so i can see its going to take time to build a bit more mobility up.I said to the phiso,i hope we are going to get a fibro clinic at this hospital considering the post code lottery has ended,i told her about others on here having fibro clinics at other hospitals,she agreed with me,and said all hospitals should have fibro clinics.She did say to get anything out of my treatment,in the hydro pool,i need to go to my own swimming pool,to keep the exersizes up,i told her all the swimming pools in my area are far too cold,she admitted,that it is a problem with all simming pools.she knew how much cold water affected us.one thing for sure every one,the minute i got into that pool on tuesday,they only pain i could feel was in my neck,that was above the hot pool All my body under that hot water,was painfree.when i stepped out of pool,it felt horrendous,back to normal,my body felt like it was 40 stone.Whatever going on with my condition,hot water works,its about time someone listens to this fact,This hot water thing works in my bath,not as good as hydo pool,why the hell does pain go in hot water.im going to write to the rumy at my hospital,it was my own dr that refured me to phiso hydo pool.no other pain kllers worked like this treatment has.but we cant sit in water all day can we :lol: Ive had fibro 20 years,i want an anwser to this question,from,the so called experts.they need to know how much extremes in temp,affect us,when im cold,im in agony.yes i use wheat bags and hot water bottles,the minute they cool off,the pains back .I exersize,i keep moving,im mobile,i do all the right things,yet fibro,rears its ugly head,the b**ch.I wont let it beat me. take care cat
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby Dotty » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:43 pm

Hi Cat - I really hope the hydo helps you. I tried for about 5 sessions the feeling of going into the warm water was lovely - coming out not so good. Unfortunately the pains in my lower back and down my leg stared to get worse from an old .sciatic nerve problem. The physio dept I was at had a list of the local swimming pools and the temps they were kept at, it also included times at some for disabled use, this could be useful if like me you weren't confident in the water. If you find the hydro works for you it might be worth a try to see if they offer something similar. I saw my rheumy this week when he gave me at last the diagnosis he then discharged me saying there was nothing he could do to help. :roll:
you don't have to be daft to have fibro - but it helps!
Dotty
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:02 pm

Hi doty i wil check the pools out,but im not holding my breath,that they warm the pools up for the disabled!thanks for the tip. cat
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby luuluu » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:09 pm

Hi Cat

I have just finished a 10 session course of hydro. My first session saw me shuffling into the pool and hardly able to move my arms and legs enough to do the exercise, my last session saw me doing the exercises with the physio saying how great it was to see my posture had improved and my mobility looking nearly normal.

I agree the local pools are too cold, when I tried it I wasnt moving enough to generate enough body heat to keep warm. However, my GP has now refered me for exercise on prescription which I am waiting to hear about.

The hydro has definately worked for me. I have been off my pain killers mostly for 2 weeks now, don't get me wrong, the pains still there but its bearable most of the time and I feel so much better and awake for not taking a truck load of paracetamol every day. I am still taking mitrazipine on a night to help me sleep and keep the migraines at bay though.

I am now walking the dog every day and am walking for an hour every other day and 20 minutes the day in between. I feel like a new woman :lol: :lol: :lol: I couldn't walk to the end of the road 3 months ago :shock:

I hope the hydro works for you too :D

luuluu
xxxxx
what other people think of me is really none of my business
luuluu
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:20 pm

Thanks loo i will keep you posted,glad things are improving for you. cat
cat123
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics