Feeling sorry for myself

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Feeling sorry for myself

Postby sarahbridgewater81 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:32 pm

Hi All, hope your all well :-)

Last night was the worst nights sleep, went to sleep ok after taking some amitriptyline. I'm not sure how long I was asleep but i woke up to the most intense pain, muscle spasms then stiffness, i just cried with pain and felt really sorry for myself.

Slapped myself mentally, told myself to get a grip and tried to get back to sleep which eventually i did but I am really tired and physically drained today which wasn't helped by being short staffed at work and having extra work load. When I feel like this i can't cope and feel sorry for myself which is not me, i feel like FM has changed my personality slightly and i don't feel as strong as i used to.

Does anyone else feel the same and got any tips on how to aid a better nights sleep?

Sarah
sarahbridgewater81
UKFM Member

Re: Feeling sorry for myself

Postby denys » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:03 pm

Hi Sarah sorry to hear you arent feeling to good, I have moved your topic into here as it is a more appropriate board and it may have been overlooked where it was
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby sarahbridgewater81 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:49 pm

Thanks Denys

Still getting used to this forum thing :oops:

Sarah x
sarahbridgewater81
UKFM Member

Postby debsmith » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:32 pm

Hia sarah

Awwwww sending a gentle hug I too don't sleep well 3hrs roughly and that's a good nite!!! I too work and find it realli hard I'm a lone worker too so I kind of pace myself "but" still not easy! I too feel I've changed how long have u been diagnosed? Me sept 2013 I went from being me but in pain and at times hidding behind a fake smile to just AH!!!! Then when home I cannot do a thing exept line medz up + rest! I'm lucky my daughter deals with rest but I do bills etc...... She's my rock 1 thing I have to force my self to do is eat a heathy brekkie or I'd b on my knee,s by 10AM!!! And continue to take pain medz "on time"! Threw day I find I'm much more aggitated + generaly PEE.D off frustration I think as I was so used to doing house MY way + now can't same with rest of stuff too after dx I got real low felt sorri 4me + why me a lot of anger, but now I know I get up,work,medz,bed!!!!! Its not what I want but I now listen 2my body I think every 1 with fibro gets like this at times 1 thing I think denny said was u mourn the old u but damm hard to accept but when its bad I think of my fiesty mum who beat breast cancer that normaly kicks my A@@

:hugs: :flowers: [chocolate] xxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby sarahbridgewater81 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:29 pm

Thanks debsmith

I've only recently come to hear of fibro and only been told by my doctor and neurologist that it is this condition just waiting to see a rhumatologist so not official as yet. I only take amitriptyline at night but like yourself i get irritated more quicker than i used to.

Thanks for replying it makes a difference to know im not alone

Take care
Sarah :hugs:
sarahbridgewater81
UKFM Member

Postby debsmith » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:36 pm

Hia sarah

Your most definatly not alone hunni are u seeing the rhummi soon?? I took a list of every single thing that hurts, how much sleep,moods,etc oh and ( bowels ) etc I gave my rhummi a list and she added 2my notes it was quite a lot lol so said may take a while !!! She wadnt great I have to say had better care believe it or not at pain clinic that's where I was diagnosed write down how it affects ur daily life hun may help good luck xxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby sarahbridgewater81 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:48 pm

Hi Deb

Seeing the rhummi in March, thanks for the support its appreciated and your advice has been noted and will be taking some notes with me

Sarah x
sarahbridgewater81
UKFM Member

Postby debsmith » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:53 pm

Hia sarah

Awwww ur most welcome hun my memory is shocking plus I'd be rambling about stuff and getting in a right pickle! At least then its in ur notes too :) I'm glad 2 b home feet burning bad + knee OUCHY! Roll on 6th feb take care hun xxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby momsy05 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:11 pm

Hello Sarah,so very sorry to hear you are having such a tough time :( . I also suffer with severe pain and very poor sleep because of it :yikes: :yikes: . I do not work and have to say I really don't know how you cope in that respect.
Please try to get an appointment at the pain clinic, i find these the most helpful people to see.....so much more on the ball and understanding than GP and other clinics.
There are many drugs to try, some may work others don't, sadly I seem to have adverse side effects to many, but a lot of it is trial and error.
I wish you every success in finding a combination that lessons your symptoms.
Take care , chin up and keep smiling.

Lorraine
momsy05
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:00 pm

Sarah , are you from brightwater in sommerset as I went to shcool there hehe
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics