[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - My balance is so bad when I walk

My balance is so bad when I walk

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My balance is so bad when I walk

Postby Pamfifi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:11 pm

Hi just to ask if anyone with fm also has balance problems when walking? I'm having to use a three wheeled walker now as my balance is so bad if I walk unaided I feel like I am drunk or have my eyes closed. I have been to neurologist for MRI scan on brain and neck not on my back which it came back fine and she said she expected my symptoms will get better, not sure how she could say that when she does not know what is causing my symptoms. Just wondering if there is anyone else suffering the same symptoms as I am :cry:
Pamfifi
UKFM Newbie

Re: My balance is so bad when I walk

Postby silvermaneuk » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:16 pm

I have severe balance problems, always falling over myself. Have to make sure I use two sticks when I am really bad. As I had a few accidents.

Mine is due to a problem that tests have identified in my balance centre. I have some lesions on the brain which could be part of it all, they are not sure to be honest. Having spoken too many people with fibro or m.e its seems to be a very common symptom.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
silvermaneuk
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:17 pm

I do have balance problems not just when walking, its not very nice but the walker should give you a bit more confidence
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Chelle39 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:28 pm

I have balance problems (as well as general clumsiness) to quite the amusement of people around me :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chelle39
UKFM Newbie

Postby Oriole » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:33 pm

Yes, I have them too during flare up. When it's bad I stumble a lot and can't walk in a straight line. I was like this this morning and had to be sent home from work :( . Anyone watching me would have probably thought I was drunk.
Oriole
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:17 am

I walk of in one direction. If I was walking down the street I would veer off to the left. When hubby and I go out for a walk I always walk into him. He walks on my left, on the road side of the path.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Theresa34 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:35 pm

I have balance problems but they arent severe. I mainly have it first thing in the morning, when getting out of bed. I will also have it when standing still, i will suddenly feel like i am leaning right and need to quickly put out my foot to balance. Not sure why it happens. Its not dizziness or being light headed. It just happens x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:36 pm

I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby robbiecramp » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:42 pm

Just reading these messages and since Friday I have experienced balance problems where am having to use 2 sticks and have put it down to a additional med dr put me on gabapentin 100mg 3 times a day but told me to take 1 for a couple of days then 2 and then go full dose of 3 never mentioned balance problems
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Postby praline » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:22 am

Mine varies, I have dodgy knees at the best of times anyway but if having a bad day, I quite often turn when walking and boom I'm either on the floor/ sofa / bed or clutching a wall!

Ps I only lasted 6 weeks on gabapentin - was also causing me to fall regularly during that time but its a little better since..
Waiting for official diagnosis but it all makes sense now..its not in my head..it was always real..
praline
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics