Absent Seizures?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Absent Seizures?

Postby prettypolly » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:43 pm

Today I experienced a very strange phenomenon whilst at work and I wondered if anyone else has.

I was talking with a colleague and for some 5-10 seconds felt unable to hear or see her. I wasn't dizzy or fainty, just felt 'stuck' to my seat and totally disconnected. She said the colour had drained from my face. I felt very tired after and the increasing pain and pins and needles in my arms and legs got worse.

I guess I'm looking to see if this is normal for fibro?

Many thanks for any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
prettypolly
UKFM Newbie

Re: Absent Seizures?

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:28 pm

I have to say visit your GP as a precaution as some absencess can be that of epilepsy, best to rule that out first.

On a fibro point of view i have some strange times when i feel i block off from the surroundings and then a minute or so later i wake up so to speak but thats more of a fatigue symptom.

As you experienced syptoms after the absent then you will need to be checked for epilepsy (although im no GP just being precautious)

My friend has epilepsy absences and she feels very tired and out of sorts afterwards.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby prettypolly » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:55 pm

Thanks Lisa
I will admit I'm scared to as I don't want my driving licence taken away from me :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
prettypolly
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:02 am

It can sometimes happen if you have a fever or a virus but as Lisa has said you really must get it checked. Have you read the leaflet that comes with your meds to check there is nothing listed in the contraindications :?: :?: :?: :?:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Diane64 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:28 pm

YES... I get this now and again, (had tests for epilepsy)so know it isn't that, for me its like I just disappear for a few seconds, hard to explain but I know exactly how you feel. I do feel a bit drained after it but its not like a faint or anything, this has been going on for about a year, doesn't happen very often ... but really bizarre and im just putting it down to another fibro thing!
Diane64
UKFM Member

Postby Richard elder » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:10 am

go see your gp I lost my best mate because he didn't go to doctor he started having absence then full seizures he had a brain tumor that took his life I'm not trying to scare you but this needs to be looked into not all people that have seizures lose there driving licence
Richard elder
UKFM Member

Postby Minilady » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:11 pm

Suffered this myself,particularly when I stand up, GP said it's caused by low blood pressure. As well as fibro I suffer with very low iron stores and this makes me very dizzy,faint and far away. My hearing usually goes muffled too. Probably wise to get checked out though.
Minilady
UKFM Member

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:08 pm

I have moments when I'm not there, the real lights on nobody home syndrome but it is just the fibro thankfully, but do see a GP, if it is seizures then the last thing you'd want to happen is to have one while driving, at the same time if it isn't fibro the earlier it's treated the sooner you'd get your licence back, but as it seems I'm not the only one where it's fibro linked it could be just that, at least your GP could put your mind to rest xx

BB Helen xx
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Postby robbiecramp » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:51 pm

I was looking for this post and glad found it I told my GP I was getting spasms so he put me on gabapentin 100mg to start saw him again last week and has upped it to 300mg.
I can be watching telly or talking to someone and suddenly I get them but have had some where I shake uncontrollably I work as a support worker for a healthcare company and know I should get it checked but I am seeing so much change in myself I don't want anything else wrong with me as at moment feel so useless and my friends are like

You worked long hours you walked properly you cant have suddenly gone down like this overnight it's like well yes in a way I have its finally caught up with me.

been getting pins and needles in my hands and feet for years and noticed the pain when was working but did put it down to long hours

I have rheumatoid physio Wednesday morning even though other physio said no evidence of rheumatoid arthritis so confused about that can anyone help
and pain clinic for first time Wednesday afternoon

I am also startring to notice I am forgetting things and my dad who is really supportive as said I can say something but mean something totally different like I said got to be at dentist at 10am so that's where he took me and I meant to say doctor and had literally just got off phone to them really confused to what that is

is it fibro fog
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:44 pm

The forgetfulness and and getting words jumbled up so you end up coming out with something completely different (or jibberish in my case :oops: :oops: :oops: ) are typical of FibroFog. As you know tho, anything new, get it checked out. How this is making you think and feel, with not wanting to have any more labels added to your collection is something most of us experience, and seems to be another stage of the process we need to get thru. I put things off for far too long, and it affected me badly, esp emotionally and psychologically, so when I hear/read of someone possibly heading in a similar direction, I'm afraid I do bang the "Seeing GP For Checking~Out" drum a bit louder than usual :oops: :oops: :oops: The thought of someone experiencing a similar part of Hell I found myself in makes me :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to General Topics