More aches and pains :'(

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

More aches and pains :'(

Postby Kimmy xx » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:22 pm

Hi all,
Once again I'm searching for some more advice!! Firstly, I'll apologise for the length of this post, no doubt I'll ramble on and most of you probably won't reach the end :crazy:

Ok, I have booked an apt with GP but as usual it's 4 weeks away!
I've recently had surgery on my hand to release my carpal tunnel symptoms and I'm currently awaiting to have my second hand done, too. Whilst I was at my follow up apt, I mentioned to the surgeon about the fact that my little finger and band finger on my right hand, are now going numb and tingling. He's told me that I've got nerve damage near my elbow..hence the numbing. He told me that I'll need surgery to release that, also. I've refused for now as I've had a lot of surgeries very recently. He's now booked me in to see as orthotist to have a splint. He also confirmed arthritis in my right knee cap.

Basically, I'm now waiting to see a ENT consultant regarding a lump sensation in my throat. My right ear is inflamed, but GP told me that she's not going to give me antibiotics as the infection and lump would've cleared the first time around.

The past week I've been getting a pain in my very upper chest, neck, top of my shoulder and radiating down my arm and into my hand and fingers. It almost feels like my chest and my wrist need to crack. Also, when I get cold(which I usually am), my fingers and hands start to throb, tingle and it feels as though I've got hundreds of ants eating the insides of my fingers and hands. When I warm up, this feeling tends to go.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this another FM symptom?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can share :)

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend xxxx
Kimmy xx
UKFM Newbie

Re: More aches and pains :'(

Postby denys » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:35 pm

Some can maybe be put down to fibro but not all, have you checked the side effects of your meds :?: :?: :?: as this can give strange sensations (but FM does to lots of us so possibly both either or none :?: :?: :?: ) doesn't help much does it :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: the problem is that FM affects us all differently and its dangerous to just 'put it down to FM' so anything new, worsening or different needs to be checked out by the doc.

Check to see if you are suffering from Raynaurd's especially if your hands and feet go a funny colour :?: :?: :?: maybe the nerve is in your neck not your elbow and this is causing the pain around that area and the tingling :?: :?: :?:

Make a symptom list and take it to the docs with you, she may only work through a couple but she may be able to lump some together and be able to reassure you, I know 4 weeks feels like ages away and it is quite a long time, does your surgery not do on the day appointments were you ring up at certain times to get an emergency appointment :?: :?: :?: if not maybe look at it as giving you time to make sure you add everything you need to your list
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: More aches and pains :'(

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:37 pm

I wish I had words to help you but I don't .so sending u hugs and hoping you start to feel better soon xxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics