Back pain

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Back pain

Postby carlz25 » Thu May 01, 2014 8:53 pm

This might seem quite random and may have nothing to do with fibro but here's the story....

I've been suffering with lower back pain since early dec. Doc thinks it's muscle spasms but sent me to physio anyway.
Physio said last week after 9 weeks that she thinks it could be a slipped disc.

Two nights ago it again became so severe I was almost ringing an ambulance, so I've spent two days doped up on pain killers.
Tonight I rubbed my hand down my lower back and felt something, so I pushed a little harder and the pain nearly sent me through the roof!!
My question is has anyone else suffered this and could what I'm feeling maybe be the disc???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlz25
UKFM Member

Re: Back pain

Postby Theresa34 » Fri May 02, 2014 10:22 pm

I've suffered lower back pain for years. It's gotten worse since last year. I get shooting pains and back spasms. Thankfully those two dont happen very often. I had an mri in Jan and all is ok. So guess its fibro.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Re: Back pain

Postby denys » Fri May 02, 2014 10:27 pm

Have moved you into here as you have said its not FM related, the discs are normally pretty well protected, but we cant say what it is you may be feeling, if I were you I would make another appointment with the GP and tell them what has happened, you may need to see a neurologist to check what is actually going on
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to General Topics