[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - tell me about YOU

tell me about YOU

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

tell me about YOU

Postby gazmo87 » Sat May 03, 2014 5:23 pm

Since I'm new here and have only spoken to couple of you in my introductory thread and since I intend to stick around here for those bad days to chat to fellow sufferers, I thought I'd get to know you, I'll start, u go on.

My name is Gareth (age 27), gaz is what everyone calls me though and I like it that way, iv probably had fibro since my mid teens, I have worked a range of jobs from fixing electronics, warehouse work, and cleaning. My main loves in life include my woman and her son, music, comedy movies and competitive video gaming. Since I don't work now, and exercise makes me feel like I have the flu for 2 weeks afterwards I get my competitive nature out by attending tournaments throughout the UK playing fighting games, it's a lot of fun and makes me feel like a sportstar of the fibro world lol. I also make my own music which has done very well in the underground heavy metal scene and I make my music for free not for sale, any donations I receive go to charity as t doesn't cost me much to make an album. I am married but separated, my marriage broke down because amongst other things, she considered me lazy, boring because I don't like to go out drinking, and generally her not believing that my condition was real, the main killer for her was my lack of libido (hope not too much info for this forum, if so feel free to edit out) because I often lack energy and the will, she always accused me of being lazy and unattracted to her. I've been with my new partner for a year whom has a 2 year old son, and I love them both greatly, she is very understanding of my illness and if I tell her i need to go lay down, she doesn't assume its because I'm lazy lol. Anyway now I told you guys a bit about me, tell me about you, peace gaz.
Gaz is about peace and love, in a non hippy way :D , hear to chat to if you need me
gazmo87
UKFM Member

Re: tell me about YOU

Postby bandj » Mon May 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Hi Gaz, good to meet you! :-D I'm married with a grown up son. I was diagnosed last year but probably had fibo since my teens. I am a carer for my hubby who has multiple health conditions. I work part time which usually leaves me shattered. Other than that, there's not a lot to say! I just muddle through as best as I can.
hope to chat again sometime. :-D
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby gazmo87 » Mon May 05, 2014 5:40 pm

Hi bandj, finally a response, well done finding the strength to care for your hubby and look after yourself, bless you.
Gaz is about peace and love, in a non hippy way :D , hear to chat to if you need me
gazmo87
UKFM Member

Postby johnashu » Tue May 06, 2014 2:04 am

hi gazmo,

we have already chatted lol..

about me?

well i am 32, i live with my fiance and my friend in a large house..

i studied computers, hardware, software, programming, website etc etc.. alsorts,, i was a badman hacker (ethical, whitehat)
i also studied music production..

i a musician, photographer,gardener, computer geek and general explorer of owt.. i like to teach and i like to learn.

i know nothing and enjoy everything.

i love philosophy, poetry and making badman beats!

i play tennis, badminton etc, football and studied martial arts..

i try to find positivity in everything.. i try :)

bang into metal!

What fighting games? i was unbeatable on soul caliber lol :)

i have some mortal combat engine based superghero scrap on with superman and batman and bane etc// maybe a VS thingy lol
I am a Bi-polatic-Fibromyalgic.. I am Obsessive and Sceptical. I am a right Polymath..

"The only way to be always right, is to change your mind when you are proved wrong. Celebrate your mistakes as knowledge gained"
johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby gazmo87 » Tue May 06, 2014 9:14 am

You sound like someone who I'd love to know in real life mate. I'd like to hear your music and if you wanna hear mine let me know, you'd slaughter me in soul cal as I play 2d fighters mainly. The game with batman in is probably injustice gods among us, I'm welsh champion and got 3rd in Britain in that game, won lovely cash and prizes. I'm also mortal kombat 9 champion of wales and have won over 8 tournaments with it. Sadly I don't know any geeky dudes in real life, I'm a geek at heart I just dont look like one lol.
gazmo87
UKFM Member

Postby gazmo87 » Tue May 06, 2014 10:42 am

gazmo87
UKFM Member

Postby johnashu » Tue May 06, 2014 2:32 pm

Yes, Gods of Injustice..

Welsh Champion.. nice..

well i was going to say that playing GOI with my mates has been like playing people who have never played.. i fear your skill on that but i have it and im sure you can play online with that lol.

And hey we DO know each other in real life lol..

music well.. jesus its been years since i chucked stuff online..

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=352667

heres a few.. i dont do genre just whatever.. i make music with lots of people. anyone really.. this week i started a dnb tune, trip hop ish and some italian techno pop thing. just dierent friends.. music is music.. i more play or make crazy s*** lol..

my good friend runs a recording studio for the masses (mine is my dining room lol.)

this is his band http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h32mFNd-JkQ

if you like metal that is i would recommend you check them out..

this is his studio where some canny raw sounds come out.. its great to visit.. well for me lol.. downcaststudios.co.uk

if you linky to your music i can get it to the right scenes up here if you want.

ahhh nostalgia lol..

10 years ago...check out the equipment used. as a computer engineer that was pretty good at the time lol. mics were, well crap lol..

hence the ol, its what you do with it that counts..

Why this name?
just what everyone else calls me..
How, do you think, does the internet (or mp3) change the music industry?
makes more music available..
Would you sign a record contract with a major label?
well i'm pretty skint so probably if it was my only hope.. would rather not though
Band History:
beenn making beats 4 years
Your influences?
drum and bass, iron maiden, sepultura, trip hop (shadow, vadim, krush).. beethoven, debussy, punk, ska whatever really.. music has no limit it is all influential.. otherwise you is blinkered
Favorite spot?
where the beat goes on..
Equipment used:
amd xp2000+, 512 ram, creative soundcard.. casio ctk-651 (does the job!!)JVC surroundsound stereo, couple of mics, 12 string, bass, electric guitar..
I am a Bi-polatic-Fibromyalgic.. I am Obsessive and Sceptical. I am a right Polymath..

"The only way to be always right, is to change your mind when you are proved wrong. Celebrate your mistakes as knowledge gained"
johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby gazmo87 » Tue May 06, 2014 3:03 pm

gazmo87
UKFM Member

Postby johnashu » Tue May 06, 2014 3:28 pm

Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Tue May 06, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removal of expletive and replacement with emoticon.

johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby johnashu » Tue May 06, 2014 3:37 pm

ha, works in the studio,

although may have to wait.. attempting to mix it into MattyReds 3 deck mashup did not go down very welll loll..

i think he prefers the boney m efforts or just being left at it lol..

johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby gazmo87 » Tue May 06, 2014 3:38 pm

Hm not sure why your having trouble, maybe to much trafficx on the site, just try again when ya have time mate
gazmo87
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue May 06, 2014 4:55 pm

Not sure what the issue is with the download from mediafire. I clicked on it to see if it might be something related to the forum, but it was ready to go and downloaded in 53 seconds.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby gazmo87 » Tue May 06, 2014 5:53 pm

Thanks for testing fluppy
gazmo87
UKFM Member

Postby johnashu » Tue May 06, 2014 10:41 pm

sorted

listening now in the studio :)

pumping lol

my mate inton metal is here lol

johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby johnashu » Tue May 06, 2014 10:46 pm

is it all you?

into the unknown sounds badman!!

well imnp0resed!

my mate say "pretty cool, yeah!"

thats gtood lol

johnashu
UKFM Member

Next

Return to General Topics