[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - holiday retreat?

holiday retreat?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

holiday retreat?

Postby coltaz » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:06 pm

hi all, i've got a couple of weeks off next week and i fancy a holiday at a retreat where i can relax and unwind. somewhere that offers meditation, massage, yoga or pilates would be ideal and if they recognise fibromyalgia even better! it could be either in the uk or europe but nothing too expensive, i don't mind slumming it a little or being a hippy. something quiet and informal. i'll be a single male traveller. has anyone got any suggestions? thanks.
coltaz
UKFM Newbie

Re: holiday retreat?

Postby Lindilou » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:52 am

Maybe a hotel with a spa/massage etc. Go to www.laterooms.com and see.
Lindilou

Postby coltaz » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:26 pm

thanks for the replies. i have been to centre parcs before with the family and love it but it would be very expensive using the spa every day and it hasn't got the peace and quiet, get-away-from-it -all feel. i did find lots of websites offering yoga and meditation retreats but they were either very expensive (£2k), or women-only or they had nothing running in the next 2 weeks. the main travel agent sites just aren't geared up for people travelling alone. i think i'm going to book a cottage somewhere remote and try to do my own yoga and meditation. considering there are hundreds of thousands of people with fibro and cfs in this country i cant believe no-one offers a year-long retreat for us.
coltaz
UKFM Newbie

Postby Lindilou » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:56 pm

This is very similiar to another thread?
Lindilou

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:20 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tonydin » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:04 am

hiii just look up amfibe treaks in sardinia
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member