I fell over! Total humiliation :(

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I fell over! Total humiliation :(

Postby Lorirach » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:28 pm

There I am, not having a really good day but then my ankle just gives way and down I fall - right in the middle of the school playground. :oops: My day goes from not really good to total humiliation and intense agony!! The pain I am now in is horrendous. I cannot get in a place where the pain will ease at all. I can't even take any more analgesic as I have already taken my quota for today! SO much pain, I'm crying. :(
Lorirach
UKFM Member

Re: I fell over! Total humiliation :(

Postby TNK* » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:47 pm

Awww I feel your embarrasment, a few years ago I tripped over a rug in Morrisons Supermarket, right by the flower section, I literally went ankle over elbow and skidded along the floor right in front of everyone!

Hope you are feeling better soon xxx
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:02 pm

hows you doing this evening lorarich? I have to use a wheelchair out and about cos of pain and unstability. I also have a minder (daughter making sure that i have no fun too). My daughter don't cope with falls and i do have a couple of week. Most ones i can get off the floor even if it takes some time (my record is 45mins). My eldest calls it jenga.I have to lol it off cos its the only way to cope with it all.

squishy :hugs:
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby Lorirach » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:41 pm

Thank you, I feel like a little better, pain is more like a painful ache rather than screaming pain! Thank you for the supermarket story, nice to know I'm not alone! I am normally able to walk on my own but lately I have been having these moments where my knee or ankle just seem to give way and if there isn't something to grab, down I go! Not sure if this is due to the FM or if I have just become more clumsy!!

Going to have a warm bath and an early night! x
Lorirach
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:26 am

maybe if you are having frequent "jenga" moments you should mention something to your doctor or invest in a walking stick of some sort just to see if that helps?

hope you felt better after your bath :blowkiss:
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:40 pm

It seems to happen to quite a few of us but it is something you need to check out if its happening more than usual hope the pain has eased for you and dont feel embarrassed it could happen to anyone :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby SchroedingersCat » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:46 am

Ouch :( I slipped getting on the train last Tuesday morning and jammed my leg between the train and platform. Skinned my shin (it's scabbed up nicely!), bruised it so badly it swelled up to about half an inch off the bone, and pulled the muscles in my calf and ankle. Felt a right prat. I'll be more careful getting on and off my train now! The worst part was knowing a busy carriage of people saw me do it and heard the cussing as I hit the floor! :oops:
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby Lorirach » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:27 pm

Oh no, I hope you are better now! Falling between a train and the platform is definitely worse that falling in the school playground! I took a few days to recover, and was covered in bruises, which I found surprising as I hadn't fallen that hard, but I am better now, thank you :-D I hope your leg is improving x

I have noticed that my ankles seem to turn over more easily these days but not sure if that is just me being extra clumsy! I get to see my gp every month at the moment so will ask her at the next appt.

It really is lovely having this forum, having the support of people on here. Makes the daily pain and exhaustion that bit easier to manage, thank you :hugs:
Lorirach
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:22 am

SchroedingersCat wrote:Ouch :( I slipped getting on the train last Tuesday morning and jammed my leg between the train and platform. Skinned my shin (it's scabbed up nicely!), bruised it so badly it swelled up to about half an inch off the bone, and pulled the muscles in my calf and ankle. Felt a right prat. I'll be more careful getting on and off my train now! The worst part was knowing a busy carriage of people saw me do it and heard the cussing as I hit the floor! :oops:

i no i hope that they swelling has gone down now. If you have new cuss words we could trade "insults" by private message :lol: :blowkiss:
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics