Anyone else......

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anyone else......

Postby katherine244 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:46 pm

......have an incredibly short fuse? I don't know whether it's related to being tired, in pain, sensory overload, or just that everything takes so much effort I can't be bothered with having to do or explain things twice but I want to scream at someone (especially today). I fear that it may be my MD though, and am not sure that is the most advisable idea!!!!! :twisted:
katherine244
UKFM Member

Re: Anyone else......

Postby V_Eeyore » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:15 pm

I wouldn't adivse letting it out at your MD, however I know exactly how you feel! The smallest thing changes my humour from normal to extremely irritable in a split second!
I can't work out of it is like you say the pain, the tiredness or the fact that I can hear and smell things a mile away!

I hope you find a way to blow off steam without taking it out on others, I really struggled with that and fell out with serveral family members, I bought noise cancelling headphones which help and they know that if I need them on to leave me be for a while :-D

Vxx
V_Eeyore
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:30 pm

katherine244, you are totally justified in having a 'short fuse' in relation to this illness. But be careful who you blow your fuse with but having said that 'bottling it all up' though doesn't help you one little bit.
Do you have an outlet, can you go for a walk, play some music alone and shout it all out? What about your doc, can she/he arrange counselling where you CAN let it all out. I think your are wanting to scream because no one is listening, if someone listened you may not feel the (justified) urge to scream.
Lindilou

Postby katherine244 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:06 pm

No, I don;t suppose letting it out at the MD would be all that advisable, however it would make me feel better as he just DOESN'T LISTEN!!!!! :twisted:
I'll have to try and find somewhere to go but unfortunatelyit is an open plan office that doesn't really lend itself to screaming!!!!!!
I just seem to get 'wound up' really easily. I guess I used to let off steam by swimming about 2 miles in my lunch break every day but for obvious reasons I can no longer do that :cry:
Guess I'm going to have to try and find a suitable alternative before I really do blow a fuse at someone I shouldn't....... xxx
katherine244
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:42 pm

Oh I can SO identify! In fact it was one of the first things I noticed. I was getting irritable with people I usually wouldn't, over things that wouldn't normally nark me.

In fact I wound myself up parking at the walk in clinic for blood tests the other day, so much so that when the nurse came to get me she thought I was scared of needles because I was such a mess :roll:

I also got extremely frustrated today that due to a queue at the paying machine, I had to pay as I was one minute over the free time :oops: I may have slightly shouted at the machine in frustration. Then I got into my car and shouted. That felt good. not sure how many passers by heard it though! :mrgreen: But I think if I get that wound up I am going to try and go somewhere (toilet, car, spare room) and shout.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics