The pain of it!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

The pain of it!

Postby whoami » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:51 am

Well I went for another pedicure and my nails filled. Wow, the pain and not the fibro but the OA. I was sitting in a lounger that had a massage on it. While your feet soak the chair did its thing. I can't handle this so I turned it off. After the pedicure I went to get up and the pain in my tailbone made me scream out and drop to the floor. It was all 2 girls could do to help up. The pain was so intense. I knew that sitting in a hard wooden chair, like in a restaurant, can be murder but this was a padded reclining type of chair. I certainly hope that nobody else suffers with osteoarthritis like this.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Re: The pain of it!

Postby dotty lotty » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:51 am

The fact that it is a reclining chair your weight would have been over your coccyx. Especially if there is little padding in that area it can cause aggravation when sitting. I landed quite softly on mine over 4 months ago and it is still very painful. Try to sit side ways when I can but if sitting upright the pain when standing up :yikes: :yikes:
Hope your pedicure at least makes your feet feel good. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:21 pm

Dotty, I am sorry to hear you fell. It is very painful and does take a long time to heal when it is your tailbone. I have done it a half dozen times over my life, once on the stairs. I was just pregnant with my son, my daughter was only 4 months old. I was holding her and was focusing on not letting go of her. Every step I hit right on my tailbone. Now I have OA there. My bottom lacks in padding, LOL, hubby says I sit on bone, it hurts him to have me sit on his knee.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:40 am

Sorry Whoami, your pedi wasn't the nice little oasis you thought it might be, hope you feel better soon......you can have some of my padding if you want ...I have an over abundance and could do with sharing it a little.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics