Visiting GP today :(

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Visiting GP today :(

Postby keaedmondson » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:20 am

My GP left in rather hurry a few months back. So today with my long list of things that I need to say, I have to go and see one of the other partners. We do not get on. I have a very strong suspicion that FM will be the least of his priorities! Not looking forward to it but I need to sort some things.

They have not been able to replace my doctor so there are only two left and he is the best of the to… :(

Wish me luck!
keaedmondson
UKFM Member

Re: Visiting GP today :(

Postby Lindilou » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:20 am

Stay calm, take your list and be assertive. Just because you don't get on try and stay positive then he/she has no ammunition.
Lindilou

Postby keaedmondson » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:51 am

[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES] thanks.
keaedmondson
UKFM Member

Postby keaedmondson » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:16 pm

So it seems I have to take back the above. He listened and did a lot of the things that I asked for. We did negotiate and I did do that deliberately To make him feel good about himself. But I'm going back to see him in three weeks for the update. So feeling quite pleased with myself now. Until he irritates me or something and then I'll have to look elsewhere… But for now… We'll see how it goes.

The one slightly worrying thing was that he was asking me about when I was diagnosed and what sort of symptoms I had and how bad it was. I think it was genuine interest, but I did wonder why my diagnosis in particular wasn't in my notes… Is that possible? :)
keaedmondson
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:03 pm

Of course it's not in your notes, he's a doc. Some things they just don't write down or forget but he is taking you seriously which is good :-D
Lindilou

Return to General Topics