[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Move

Move

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Move

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:44 am

I really believe that moving is the key to this horrid illness.
I have been at the point of being barely being able to put one foot in Front of the other,
So I'm not talking as someone who doesn't understand how bad it can get.
But I really feel since I got the dog and do three 30 min walks a day i feel better. I'd also have to say coming off so many pills has helped a lot.
Now I'm not saying how long this will last im just hoping it does.and I still get days where my body just turns off half way through the town.bit on the whole I do feel better .xxxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: Move

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:14 pm

It's good to hear you're feeling better about things PP :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: I'm with you on the keeping moving thing. Whatever I do, I know I will hurt, sitting for too long makes me seize up, plus preFM I was never one for being still all the time, and some of that is with me always, so I have to work with it or fight against it, and having tried both approaches, I know which one gives me the better outcome.

On the days when OH works, I'm the one walked by DeeDee, and on the days when he is off~duty, I try to go with him as often as I can when DeeDee walks him. It's a similar thing when it comes to Domestic Goddessing too. I try to be up and moving around, doing things as much as I can, as well as remembering to slot in some rests along the way.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby dotty lotty » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:23 pm

Agree my muscles always feel a bit easier after my morning walk. If I sit too long I am as stiff as an old (non running) :horse_running: so even if it is just a walk between rooms when indoors do it frequently. But I am a fidget anyway.
Swimming I love and go twice a week and am increasing my session time. The pool is roped of for breadths which is all my arms can cope with.
Glad your feeling better PP and long may it continue. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:31 pm

I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:31 pm

Definatly the key for me also as stiffness is my main symptom. Since my operation and being more bedbound i am suffering more pain and stiffness.

Walking my dog each day really helps and she loves it too :mrgreen: :dogrun1: just hope i can resume regular walkies soon as i feeling like a slab of concrete
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby zappa20 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:22 am

Definitely would agree PP, and if anyone's been living a sedentary or very inactive life for a while, then think it's really important to start slow and build your muscles and tendons up from there and not rush it. Walking is a great way to get exercise and is good for the soul, especially if you have a woofer to keep you company.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics