Privatisation of Sicknote system

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Privatisation of Sicknote system

Postby rich44 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:09 am

Has anybody seen this?

If you're still ill after 4 weeks you have to deal with this shower of clowns, because your own gp despite seeing you won't be able to sign you off sick.

This'll be another atos disaster especially for people like us who might still have jobs

http://voxpoliticalonline.com/2014/09/0 ... id-hencke/

I feel more and more depressed every single day right now.
rich44
UKFM Member

Re: Privatisation of Sicknote system

Postby Lindilou » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:36 am

Oh for heavens sake , whatever next. :roll: What is this country coming to? Think I'll emigate...New Zealand or Australia sound very appealing. :-D
Lindilou

Postby TNK* » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:43 am

Flippin heck as if we havent got enough to deal with at the minute...

What about my situation where i am post op and signed off for 8 weeks, would i need to go through this BS?
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:07 pm

Yup reckon so because your Dr will only be able to do the first 4 weeks, I'm already past that now.

What about those who don't feel comfortable discussing such things over the phone?

Tbh I think I'll have the attitude of I'm not discussing my private medical information with a 3rd party company who may then either retain or sell my data. Plus they're a us company so how do we know the data won't be stored in the states where it could be viewed by us authorities, say if you apply for a visa for a holiday?

Data would then be outside the data protection act 1998 too.

No way I will deal with these clowns
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:36 pm

But my consultant has signed me off as it was major surgery??

I know this wont apply for me now, but in the future are they not going to take a consultant word for it that someone needs longer than 4 weeks off post op
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:39 pm

Yup it's just another way they're fixing things that aren't broken.

Hopefully the Tories will be out in may and this will be canned. I'd be really po'd if I were a gp, it's just saying we don't trust you to them.
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:24 am

For any Scottish members, I have read that this won't be happening in Scotland with a contracted private firm , but will be done by our existing public services. Not exactly sure what that means or how it would work .

I don't disagree with early intervention and fast access to health services eg physio etcwhich can help people off work recover quicker as it gets very stressful for them being under pressure from bosses to return to work , and can be financially crippling. As it can take weeks to get appointments with these type of services or consultants and meantime the person can deteriorate or develop depression from the stress.

But certainly don't agree with this type of service being contracted to private contractors. Same thing with ATOS and Ingeus and Work Programme, as profit will always be the main driver, not the individual.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:47 am

Yes it says in the article that Scotland refused it.
rich44
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics