[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - I'm off

I'm off

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I'm off

Postby rich44 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:48 am

Decided to pack it in posting on forums not just hear fed up by being lectured over things misread or not read at all.

I'm at a really low moment and don't need the annoyance of defending my pov.

So good luck everyone hope you all make some progress dealing with your symptoms and Dr's are kind.
rich44
UKFM Member

Re: I'm off

Postby Helhit » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:05 am

Well I'm sorry to hear it. Personally, I've found your posts to be very helpful.

I try to read between the words written and if they come across harshly, I stop and think that the person writing it is in the exact same boat as me, possibly worse and also has a right to their feelings.

I know that apart from my husband, this is the only place where everyone understands me 100%. To be able to say how I'm feeling and know that people may not agree but will understand is helping me cope much more.

So I do hope we hear from you again. But I wish you well.
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:26 am

I found rich to be very helpful and I told him so in a private message. But he has to do what is right for hin - Good Luck rich :hugs:
Lindilou

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:48 am

If this is in relation to comments made on another topic, such comments can come about from experiences and pov's being diametrically opposed. And as we have been experiencing lately, the written word can be interpreted much more harshly, and in a completely different way to what the poster intended. That is the downside to forums unfortunately, you don't have the benefit of being able to see the other poster's body language, expressions etc as you would with a face~to~face situation.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:54 am

I'm sorry to see you go. I didn't realise there was something going on here. I nearly left myself due to disagreements but at the end of the day, we are all different. This is a great support system. Hope you come back at some point x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:08 am

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby dotty lotty » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:39 pm

Rich sorry to hear you are stopping posting. Everyone's opinion is important. I also was not aware of any problems. Hope to see you back soon.
You sound really low and sad just now and hope you have even a little improvement soon. Sending gentle :hugs: :hugs: and a loan of my :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:26 am

Lindilou

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:06 am

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Butterfly8588 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:40 pm

Oh no rich I'm sorry you're leaving, I also found your posts very helpful. I was also not aware of a problem with either you or Lindilou who I'm pretty sure has also been kind to me before and I'm sorry to see you both go.
It's hard to comment on things you havent seen but I also try to remember that pain does funny things to people and things can be said in a way that isnt meant or in the heat of the moment. Also bare in mind that the reader is in pain to and might be taking it wrong. Also the dreaded fog can sometimes make us say things in a way we might not otherwise. No one is at fault really, it's all part of this awful condition that we share with each other in whatever form it may take.
I wish you both well and hope to speak to you again in the future xxx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Postby Tally1068 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:42 am

Posting on forums can be an art form.
As a long time forum user and someone who used to moderate a small site I'm well aware of the pitfalls of the spoken word when you cant gage the expression or tone.

My advice is to not take offence ....most people are great. Some of us are blunt and as people using this site are generally in pain and/or depression extra leeway is in order.

Oh and never make a big deal about leaving. It makes coming back that much harder and if you simply stop posting it'll have the same effect.

If there are problems and you feel misconstrued then take it to a moderator. They give up their time to make it as pleasant and non confrontational as possible.

Of course there'll always be people you don't agree with and trolls, such is the nature of the internet, but ignoring them is much the best option. Neither of you fall into this category but maybe a forum isn't the place for you. You have to learn not to take things personally. :-?
Tally1068
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics