this is the worst iv felt ever

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

this is the worst iv felt ever

Postby maxinevalentina » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:37 pm

Hey everyone
I don't write on here to often but when I have its been great so thank you everyone <3

I now have flu and so if I don't make sense oops.
Iv been 9 months since I got diagnosed and iv seen so many different Gp and changed doctors surgerys 4 times.
And all I get from the docs is I have no idea about ur condition I can't help u. Feels like I'm the only one in my town with fibromyalgia and I'm sure I'm not . Just wondering if anyone else has had problems getting the right help from the gps. I can't cope coz the pain is to much and feel like I'm going mad coz I'm knackered and in pain nothing I do seems to help. Just feel like this is consuming me changing me coz I can't be the girl I used to be . I used to be so happy bubbly out going but now I just cry .
I keep active but I'm so knackered and in pain it's so hard .

Big hugs to everyone
you'll never know how strong you are untill being strong is the only choice you have
maxinevalentina
UKFM Member

Re: this is the worst iv felt ever

Postby Helhit » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:22 am

Hi sorry to hear you're so poorly at the mo.

I'm one of the lucky ones who's doc knows about fibro.

Are you taking any medication for it, because there are all sorts of different things you can try. It sounds like you are practically having to do all the diagnosis yourself, which is totally wrong.

I'm not sure what to suggest to help, but maybe a review of your medication would be a start. Also look into pacing, it's amazing how it can help. The downside is you have to pick what you want to do and say no to doing things, but it really makes a difference.

I hope you are feeling a bit better soon.
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:15 pm

Lots of people seem to have problems with the medical profession every now and then so you are definitely not alone :roll: :roll: :roll:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby maxinevalentina » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:56 pm

I'm on no medication coz my docs don't no what to do .
I ask for painkillers or anti-inflammatorys anything really but still I get nothing.
I cry I'm in pain at my docs still get no help . It's not fair .
They see me struggle . Just feel like the most unluckiest girl ever
Just keep changing doctors and hope for the best , =(
you'll never know how strong you are untill being strong is the only choice you have
maxinevalentina
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:52 am

Ditto, they gave me tramadol which made me violently sick but they won't prescribe anything else because I'm "too young" (38).

So because of that I have to sit at home on half pay now (be no pay soon) in pain but they'll quite happily prescribe anti-depressants till the cows come home.
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby maxinevalentina » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:09 pm

Oh Ye they offered my antidepressants but I'm allergic to them so that's out of the question
I'm 22 on sick notes and im a hairdresser and I can't do it coz it's to painful
What am is supposed to do can't do anything with out being in pain
It's really patchy when it comes to help u eather get help and it's great or u done and struggle
And I'm struggling =(
maxinevalentina
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:03 pm

I've had 9 different anti-depressants none of them work, I've had the max dose of all of them all I get are the side effects.

I get painful hands too it's part of why I'm off work I can't type nor use a mouse as it hurts too much.

I'm holding hope for the appts I've got lined up rheumatologist and neurologist next month I'm praying one of them does something because my Dr's are either cheapskates or scared to prescribe painkillers so unless the rheumy or neurologist say so I'm going to get sod all again and pain clinic isn't until December. Oh I've got mental health doing a phone assessment in Nov been waiting for that since June.

Can't wait that long for pain treatment, think I'm going to tell the phone assessment if this pain isn't under control then I'm just gonna Park up in a beauty spot up the road at night and shove hosepipe up the exhaust, maybe someone will take this seriously then?
rich44
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics