Has anyone been having a particularly bad 2014?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Has anyone been having a particularly bad 2014?

Postby Jont » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:01 pm

Hey guys

Since April I have been 100% fully flared up. I think it was cuased by a sickness bug that was about at the time. It's by far the worst flare I've had since the start in 2008. I'm desperately trying to find a reason for such a nasty 6 months but can't.

Has anyone else struggled this last 6 months?

Thanks

Jon
Jont
UKFM Member

Re: Has anyone been having a particularly bad 2014?

Postby Theresa34 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:07 am

My 2014 has been really good. It's been up and down and my flares only last a few days. Cant imagine feeling like that for months on end! I'm so sorry :( Have you got a rheumatologist to help you?
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Jont » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:37 am

Heya

No I don't really have anyone at the moment. Yes it's been a really nasty few months, but I am refusing to give up!

At the end of the day it can only be just a flare up, if a big one, so it's got to end at some point.

I guess I'll have to see what happens over the next few weeks.

Fingers XX :)
Jont
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:20 pm

My fibro started in January so yes, you could say my 2014 has been rather unpleasant!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Queenie_70 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:04 am

Hi Jont,

Sorry to hear that your flare has been on-going for so long.

My 2014 started out pretty positively, I was running my own business, not living the high life, but getting by....than all heck broke loose.

My daughters care went from little to nothing through the NHS, my GP mixed up my meds so I was confined to my living room for over 6 weeks as I couldn't function, walk, or even crawl upstairs. I still have residual effects from this so I now suffer from spasms that are so violent I have literally been thrown off the couch....I stammer, which is frustrating with the fibro fog, I now have a cane as my legs forget how to walk....it is the weirdest thing, I am walking and suddenly I cannot lift my leg. No matter how hard I try it just doesn't want to lift, so I shuffle like a little old lady...my partner, bless him, has only known me since this all happened and thankfully has been amazing, but I know that it is tough because it is a new relationship and I have a ton of issues.

I have migraines, or a headache every day of the week now, but finally got an appointment and a medication review is happening, so maybe that will be one less complication in my life. I have lost my business, I have £10,000 worth of debt, my phones have both been cut off, internet is next due to unpaid bill, I have sold all my jewelry, as has my daughter, just to keep the roof over my head.....I feel like this year could not get worse, but then I look at all of you guys and think, I have a partner that is willing to love me even though it takes three days to recover from a short walk, so there is a positive, silver lining, as it were.

Gentle hugs, I hope it all gets better for you. xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:16 am

hi Queenie

:hugs:

so sorry to hear of what an awful time you're having. :(

you are right to be thankful for your partner though, it sounds like he came along at just the right time for you.

I've suffered bad times in my life (thankfully not right at the moment) and I try not to take things for granted but equally I know that bad times don't last forever. things do get better and they will for you.

stay strong xx
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Mari50 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:49 am

Hiya
I have had a ruff 2014. Due to two incidents in December last year and January this my arthritis (degenerative) , after having an xray, has worsened. The doctor put it down to the fibromyalgia. In April I had one bad flare up which lasted until about two weeks age. I was then extremely depressed for about a week and completely paranoid but am feeling better now. I can't remember much of the summer except for the heat. On talking to the doctor he assured me that it was the High Pressure System. A pharmasist then asked me if the moon determined my moods. I hope not because having the trouble in the summer was bad enough. I don't want to go through that again!!!! It is helpful though to know that I am not the only one and thank you.
Mari50
UKFM Newbie

Return to General Topics