[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Fibro And Roller Coasters

Fibro And Roller Coasters

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro And Roller Coasters

Postby becbob » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:32 pm

Hi all. My mum has paid for myself and my youngest daughter to go back to Disney World next May. I am certainly not letting this illness mess that up. I have pre hired an electric scooter so I won't need to walk much and also we shall be staying in a rented villa so if I cant get out one day then at least I could stay by the pool.

What I really want to know is has anyone one been on a roller coaster since being diagnosed with fibro and what was the aftermath like. I am not sure if I shall be going on any, that will depend on how I am at the time. Any advice or tips?
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Re: Fibro And Roller Coasters

Postby denys » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:14 pm

Not sure, I dont like roller-coasters so dont use them but I would imagine it would be all right if you enjoy them. Its one of those times when you have to decide if the activity is worth the bit of pay back that might occur

I would say have fun enjoy your visit and if you have to rest up after then the memories will be worth it :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby dazzleship » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:32 am

I feel like I've been on a roller coaster since my Fibro diagnosis.

oh wait... that's not what you meant :mrgreen:

hope you have a nice time at Disneyland :-)
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:40 pm

I used to love riding rollercoasters :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: It's been years since I last went on one :( :( :( Like everything that we do, some sort of payback is inevitable, but how high it could be is anyone's guess. If you can try and spread things out as much as you can, making sure you have some decent rests inbetween things, it may help minimise just how much it does hit you.

It sounds like you've got some plans already in place for when you go, so if you can apply some of that organisation and logic to other areas as well, hopefully it will mean that anything that does happen won't take quite as much out of you as it could.

Have a happy hollibobs when you go......and I'm at the front of the queue for squeezing into any spare space in your luggage

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tonydin » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:42 pm

iv been on loads love em . no problems feel better when i get of than when i got on , the adremiline rush is a great natural pain killer
go for it and enjoy
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics