What a week.......

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What a week.......

Postby whoami » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:40 pm

First I would like to apologise for not responding to your posts this past week, here is the reason.

My wonderful hubby had decided we needed to go away for another few days. I love this man! . We went from Canada into the USA, a place called Shipshewena Indiana. We were enjoying a beautiful time. We ere into the fourth day when we got the call.......

My hubby's sister (46) was in hospital dying. When we arrived at the hospital the Dr's said she was gone. She was still in her room and over the next few hours people said their goodbyes.

I talked to her and then whispered in her ears if you could only breath. There looked to be a breath but I thought I imagined it. I said, breath, harder...real hard. Then I thought I felt another movement as my face was so close to hers as I whispered in her ear. Now then, my hubby and her as children always irritated each other so.....I said to her if you could only smile that would really irritate your brother.

What happened next was nothing but a miracle. As soon as I said those words she smiled, opened her eyes and looked at me. Shemade a slight noise. As you could imagine I was stunned. I turned to find my hubby. As I did my brother in law was at her side and said she is awake. She then proceeded to sit up and talk to him. She talked to us all, weakly but alive!!!!!

It was short, she passed (dare I say again?) through the night.

We have had a house full of people staying here. The funeral service was one day and we buried her the next.

We came home from the burial and as I walked in the house was like a sauna, water dripping down walls etc. To make this short, our water heater blew up.. Here we have basements and rooms in them. The place was flooded, water had ran all day, into the evening.

I called the insurance company and within the hour a recovery team had arrived and started to clean up. Carpeting was tore up and all the furniture ruined. Machinery brought in to dry things out. Over the next weeks they will be here.

Now, can you imagine having to think quickly where people are going to sleep?

Anyway....In remembrance of my sister in law, we asked that instead of flowers, people support Spina Bifida research or any other research for disabilities.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Re: What a week.......

Postby dotty lotty » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:20 pm

Whoami so sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. She was so young.

The last thing you needed were the disasters that followed.

Not very good with words today but sending lots of :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and hope things on the home front improve. What I do know is that lovely hubby of yours will be there to keep things running smoothly. Take care :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:15 pm

There is no need to apologise for not being on here or responding to posts. We all know that each of us have things that we do off~forum.

Sorry to hear it was time for your sister~in~law to go back to the angels :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: I can't imagine what thoughts must have raced thru everyone's minds when it became apparent that she was still with you. Hopefully that little bit of extra time you all had together will have helped make that final trip she had to make a little more comfortable for her.

Altho coming home with many guests to an exploded water heater isn't an ideal situation, it sounds like your insurers are extremely efficient in getting things in motion to sort things. And sometimes, when faced with such a calamity, the camaraderie and spirit that comes out can turn what started off as a visit that would be memorable for all the wrong reasons into something where everyone bunking down and mucking in together creates some hilarious and touching moments.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Zia2014 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:00 pm

Oh my god. What a week, you poor thing x
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:44 pm

Dotty, Fluppy and Zia.........thanks for your replies. Both hubby and I are so exhausted. Our hard work starts as there was no will or executor.

The insurance adjuster and restoration company comes tomorrow to see what will be done in the house and when. Machines are awfully noisy but removing water and excess moisture. The furniture downstairs seems to be a write off.

They say things come in three......I can hardly wait for the good news, NOT!
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Zia2014 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:41 pm

Ugh, you definitely deserve lots of good stuff coming your way very soon! x
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics