Family beginning to understand

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Family beginning to understand

Postby Queenie_70 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:00 am

I have had Fibromyalgia officially diagnosed since 2005. My parents knew I was having tests and when I told them that I did not have Rheumatoid Arthritis, they were pleased, but when I told them I had Fibromyalgia, they did not know what I was talking about. For years I have tried to explain that the pain I have daily is like having the flu...achy and extremely tiring, but one learns to live with a certain amount and gets on with life.

This past week they finally saw me have a full blown attack. It was not a pretty sight, and my father was practically in tears. He knew that I was ill etc., but did not realize what I was truly living with. His mission in life now is to find out as much as he can about the disorder and find ways he can help me, be it diet, exercise, vitamins, what-ever. Bless his heart!!!

I just know that for me this is sort of a relief. He finally understands that it is not just an inconvenience in life, but an entirely new way of living.

I hope that all of you have at least on supportive person in your life. The difference in our relationship is palpable, just from that one small event, and it now means that when I say I am not feeling well, he understands that I really am not well, not just moaning about general aches and pains.

Gentle hugs to one and all :hugs:
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Re: Family beginning to understand

Postby dotty lotty » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:01 pm

What a difference when you can rely on family for support. It may have taken some time for you dad to realise the severity of your condition but he got there in the end. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics