Never ending wait for ATTOS medical

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Never ending wait for ATTOS medical

Postby jacson » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:54 pm

I have completed my ATTOS medical questionnaire and returned it on the 9th December 2013 and am still awaiting a response! I ring them up each month only to be told the same thing - massive backlog, hey come on ten months is a very long time in my mind. Has anyone else been waiting for this length of time?I live in North Wales. My ESA was stopped in December 2013, I had been receiving the old style Incapacity Benefit for a number of years following an accident at work but when the benefit system changed I could only claim ESA for 12 months. I was diagnosed with fibro nearly two years ago and similar to many, I believe I have had it for many years. Does this sound familiar to any fellow fibro survivors?
jacson
UKFM Member

Re: Never ending wait for ATTOS medical

Postby jacson » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:41 am

Glad to say at long last I have had my medical assessment for ESA after 12 months of waiting for an appointment, saw a Doctor just before Christmas who was lovely and didn't push me to make any movements that would cause me any more pain than what I was in. Took my lovely sister along with me which helped with the "two minds better than one" also I had typed an update on my condition seeing as the original questionnaire that I completed was 12 months old!!! A lot has changed with my Fibro since then, so I thought if I handed him my update there would be no room for error when he comes to completing his assessment. I now wonder how long I will be waiting for the reply, not another 12 months surely!!!!!
jacson
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:44 pm

Hi,

I am still waiting for my "At home," assessment, but it does sound like yours went really well... :welldone:

It can take a few weeks, from what I understand, to get a copy of the report that was sent to DWP and then to also find out what level you have been put on for PIP. (I am assuming that is what you are waiting for).

I have constantly had family and friends write for me letters to the DWP/ATOS, showing how this condition and others, have created chaos in my daily life. I make sure that they are aware that it is not me, but my words.

I hope :fingerscrossed: that it all goes in your favor.

fairy_dust
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby leslawman » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:16 am

Had to wait 10 months for mine then it was cancelled twice the day before, very stressful. When I finally had it, it was totally fine, got awarded everything for four years. My best tip is to be honest, don't overdo the victim stance, ask questions and be yourself. Good luck x
leslawman
UKFM Newbie

Return to General Topics