[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - LISTS

LISTS

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

LISTS

Postby Queenie_70 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:56 pm

Hi guys,

Don't know if this has been posted before, but due to our collective Fibro fog I thought I would just mention that when-ever I think of something I want to talk to my GP about I add it to my memo pad on my phone...we all carry the stupid things around with us, we might as well use them. But, the point is, this way when I do finally get an appointment, I can look at that list and decide what issues are more pressing then others, or whether I just want them to have a cursory look to see if any of them are related to others.

Unfortunately, I have found that the list does get quite lengthy :) But still, wanted to let you guys know what helps me keep up!

:hugs:
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Re: LISTS

Postby Helhit » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:41 am

Hi Queenie. I'm a big list maker too- ever since a friend recommended it for getting all the little worries off my mind. Also i have a habit of forgetting what i want as well as losing the power of speech once I get to the shop etc.

My brother bought me a page to view diary acouple of months ago and its been invaluable. I write lists of everything and can take it to docs to go through when I need it.

My hubby chuckles at me now and says write another one of your wonderful lists. He must be as forgetful as me.
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:32 am

Lists I would be lost without them :yikes: :yikes: Am sure I even make lists for making lists :crazy: :crazy: :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:29 am

I also set reminders on my phone for everything incl medication.mi also write on our whiteboard but sometimes I don't even look up at it and still forget :crazy:
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:04 pm

I have an app which I use for all sorts of lists. For shopping I have made individual lists for each store/place that I tend to go to, and add things to them as I'm going along, either by phone or online. As well as the shopping lists, there is a pantry/store cupboard option to help keep track of contents. And for the many, many things I need to do Domestic Goddessing~wise, there is a To Do Lists function too. When something is done, all I need to do is long~press on the screen to cross it out, and when my activities for the day are done, all I need to do is select "Clear Done" and all that will be left are the things I still have to do.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Zia2014 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:39 pm

I love lists! /sad :oops: :mrgreen:

I have a word document with all my symptoms, medications, other medical issues and anything else on it. Whenever I go to a new doctor I take an updated copy with me. It helps me keep track and means I can say "I had that symptom in June but not had it since". Otherwise I'd forget.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Duirra » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:18 pm

Well, I don't have a cell phone. The main reason I don't write too many lists is for the simple reason that I forget the list...Yes, I get the grocery store and suddenly realize that my nice neat grocery list is right on the table where I put it so I'd see and remember to take it with me. If anyone had suggestions on how to remember the list that is made to remember things, that would be great. XP
Duirra
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:40 pm

When you've written it, stick it in your bag straight away!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby dazzleship » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:45 am

oh yes I use lists all the time.

when my new GP first referred me to a rhumatologist I started a small list of things I wanted to mention at the appointment.

unfortunately, as the wait for said appointment has got longer and longer, the list has got bigger and bigger. :lol:

when I eventually get to see the rhumatologist I'm sure they won't be impressed with the length of the list. but I'm just planning on telling them "well, if I hadn't had to wait this long to see you, the list would have been shorter" :mrgreen:
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:50 pm

Lol!

My partner said he used to think people who took long lists to their doctors were hypochondriac, but now he has seen first hand why I do it he thinks it a great idea! :lol:
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics