I dont know what to do :(

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I dont know what to do :(

Postby ljm1990 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:11 pm

My doctor dignosed me with fibromayalgia in march this year, i was reffered urgent to rhumi and had my appointment middle of may. I had one xray of my back and 8 vials of blood taken, 6 month later im still waiting.

Doctors have refused me pain medication over excuses, and paractmol doesnt help and ibroprofen doesnt take any swelling down. I then found out i was pregnant 8 weeks ago (im 18 weeks) and all my symptoms have go to a new high i didnt think was possible. Iam in so much pain, im up all night because of pain, pins and needles and numbness, headaches are a constant and everywhere just hurts.

I begged my midwife to help and all i got was "exercise" and i do, but it only makes everything worse but i battle through. I have broken down so many time this week because i have no idea what to do.

Bugging my doctors dont work, phoning hospital and nhs about rhumi same "your on waiting list nothing we can do". I honestly feel so down, i just dont want to be around and i sont want to have this pain and symptoms. It hard and no one around me understands what im going through and its hell :(
ljm1990
UKFM Newbie

Re: I dont know what to do :(

Postby becbob » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:38 pm

So sorry that you're going through such an awful time with no help. Have you thought about changing doctors? Or maybe you could ring adult social services. I rang them last week and asked them for an OT assessment to see what could be put in my house to make life slightly easier. They were very understanding and I awaiting an appointment.
I had gallstones when I was pregnant with my last child and I basically spent the whole of my pregnancy on oramorph. I was so worried about the damage I could be doing to my baby but they kept saying it's safe to use. She is 5 now and is extremely advanced for her age. No problems what so ever. Ask to see the practice manager and tell them firmly but nicely that you need some help and something for the pain.
I can't think of anything else but maybe somebody else will have some other ideas to help.
I really hope you get some relief soon. Gentle hugs.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Postby ljm1990 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:42 pm

ty becbob, yeah ive changed doctors 3 time :( and was thinking of going to my general medical board to say nothing os moving at all x
ljm1990
UKFM Newbie

Postby zappa20 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:44 am

I posted a reply earlier but to the wrong thread. If you read round the forum you might find some suggestions on use of heat, or warm baths and relaxation methods to help ease pain. There's a lof of info and advice fro posters on tried and tested ways to help . It's a case of trial and error unfortunately.

Being stressed. Lack of sleep are the main triggers for increasing painful symptoms, it can become a vicious circle. Your midwife was trying to help by telling you to exercise, but better advice is perhaps to keep moving as sitting or lying for long periods or being mostly inactive makes things worse. But I don't mean overdoing things, or hill walking , just keep mobile and moving your muscles. As otherwise they'll start to seize up. Try to pace yourself and not overdo things.

If it's related to Fibro the burning, electric shock pain, and tingling is caused by the pain receptors in your brain translating normal sensation into pain. Like crossed wires. So what would normally feel like a gentle touch is mistranslated into pain. For some reason the pain gate threshold has become heightened, not because of physical illness, or tissue disease, but possibly stress, lack of restorative sleep over a prolonged period and some other unknown factors.

I'm not sure what type of painkillers you are able to take while pregnant, distraction methods can sometimes reduce the levels, on the premise if your brain is distracted it won't be able to translate pain signals so much. It's probably an idea to go back and see your GP and ask if he can get you an urgent referral to a Pain or Fibro clinic, if there is one in your area. Tell him you can't continue like this and see what he suggests.

Hopefully other posters will follow with suggestions.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics