[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hang on...It's going to get rough !!!!!

Hang on...It's going to get rough !!!!!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hang on...It's going to get rough !!!!!

Postby whoami » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:59 pm

Well the day finally came.

As you know I have been diagnosed for 25 years. Over the years I have tried almost every drug and treatment.
For the last 8 years I have been on the same dose, 150mcg Fentanyl patches.

Due to other medical issues, I have to come off fentanyl. I knew this day would come.

The Dr has given me drugs to help with the withdrawal symptoms. We are going to decrease 25mcg a month. This journey will not be easy. I may be venting a little on here so I apologise for any inconvenience I may put on you.

So, here we go, today we start with the first decrease.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Re: Hang on...It's going to get rough !!!!!

Postby Duirra » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:05 pm

Having gone through withdrawal several times myself my sympathy is with you. Hopefully this slow decrease will make it as easy as possible.
Duirra
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:56 pm

[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Duirra » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:31 pm

Not that I recall. I never knew the name of the first meds I experienced withdrawal with. Being a minor at the time meant I didn't need to be informed about what I was taking. I've only gone through withdrawal responsibly once, though. It makes a huge difference to wean off of meds slowly, no matter what they are.

I went off of Clonazepam this summer and it took me about a month and a half or two to do it. I still had a few withdrawal symptoms, but nothing compared to what I've experienced in the past. A little head achy, a little bit more tired, a little bit more irritable. After two weeks of being completely off I was back to normal.

I will remember to go off of meds like that in the future. Having always gone cold turkey in the past (and it's truely horrible, depending in the meds) I'll never do it that way again.
Duirra
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics