torture

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

torture

Postby haywire » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:22 pm

Winter is settling in, and the pain is 100 times worse :-( I guess that I will have to suffer like this for the next 6 months or so :-( on the positive side, I made it to work today (I work part time on a Wednesday) even though it was raining this morning. Rainy/damp weather hurts too, lucky me :-)

Sorry all, I guess I just needed to vent. I do have a question however, do any of you get a stinging pain in your skin? (Not muscles) feels rather like an insect bite but covers a large area. I wonder if this is another symptom, or something unrelated? It only started a couple of days ago, I've not had it before, and itseems to be fading away (thank god).

Hope this finds you all well :-)
haywire
UKFM Member

Re: torture

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:48 pm

I don't know if its quite a stinging pain. Its like when I have flu. My skin hurts. Its like very sensitive. But that's not all the time, more when I'm going into a flare.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:53 am

What you're describing sounds like nerve pain, a typical Fibro symptom, and more likely to happen when in a flare up, feeling run down, stressed, tired or cheesed off in general. In Fibro your sensory nerve signals are being misinterpret acted by your brain as different types of pain. Eg burning, or electric shock types of pain. So even the slightest touch can be translated into stinging nettle burning type of pain, and with Fibro it can move around different nerve endings as well. So it may be a foot burning one day, and your elbow the next.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:50 am

hi haywire

yeah things do feel worse in the winter don't they? :-? sorry to hear you're not doing too well, but definitely think of the positive things like getting into work - well done :-D

I always get achey legs when it rains or is damp. when I was younger my mum used to say I had rheumatism like her :-|

as for stinging pain - I have previously had a pain near my elbow which was exactly like having a needle in for a blood test :shock: in more or less the same place too. I used to get that occasionally but haven't for a while.

the closest I have to that at the moment is my left shoulder blade area which tends to have a 'buzzing' sensation, sort of electrical-like.

anyways take care and I hope the pain eases for you soon :hugs:

and remember - only 6 months until the clocks in our cars are correct again :mrgreen:
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby haywire » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:05 pm

Thanks all, yes that's exactly how I would describe it, like needles being in my skin. I had a bit better day today, maybe on account of having a fresh patch on? Gotta love winter :-(

I won't let this stop me living though, even if it does mean an afternoon nap to recharge.
haywire
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics