[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi Another Newbie

Hi Another Newbie

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi Another Newbie

Postby pamh » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:54 am

Hi Everyone

Just thought I would introduce myself as new to the forum. I have spent most of the last 2 days reading through the various boards.

My health problems started 10 years ago when my husband died fairly suddenly. It started with clicky hips and progressed to having to have both my hips replaced. I was 42 when I had the first one done and 44 for the second and was very lucky to find a surgeon who was sympathetic enough to do this, as he told me that he would not normally carry out this operation on anyone under 65, but mine were so bad he had no choice! (this was after my dr telling me for years I only had mild arthritis and what was I moaning about). The surgeon was shocked that I cried when he told me I had to have both hips replaced - I told him that it was because finally someone believed me and hadnt dismissed my pain as trivial!

Anyway after the second op I told the dr that although the grinding pain from my hip had gone, I felt as if I had been run over by a double decker bus and hurt everywhere! Over 4 years later and treatment for many other ailments (IBS, chest pain, tennis elbow, etc etc.) I finally have my dx.

The Rheumatologist I saw was excellent and immediately told me I had FM, Tendonitis in my left shoulder and, due directly to a lack of any physio after my hip replacements, was flat footed, which was causing a lot of the problems with my back. Result!! He sent me for more blood tests, x-rays, sent me for special insoles to solve the flat footedness and also refererred me for physio for my shoulder. He has also told my dr to refer me to an Holistic Pain Management Course.

I am sorry this is so long, but the relief of having something positive happen after so long is immeasurable. Having spent time reading through the boards, I also realise that my story is no different to many others and that also has brought comfort.

So that is my story. If you managed to stick with it to the end - thank you. I look forward to playing an active part in the boards and will definitely be asking for advice and using your experiences to help myself also.

Thank you all.

Pam
pamh
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:38 am

Welcome! :)

Are you getting any treatment for the Fibro?
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby pamh » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:16 am

Hi. Thanks for the welcome. I am due to see my dr again on Wednesday but he is still waiting the letter from the consultant outlining treatment, etc. The only treatment is painkillers. They even stopped the anti inflammatories for my arthritis as it was causing other problems! Never mind, I see from everyone elses posts that there is some hope somewhere lol.
pamh
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:22 am

LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:28 am

gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby pamh » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:39 am

pamh
UKFM Member

Postby suep » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:41 am