I'm a complete idiot

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I'm a complete idiot

Postby Zia2014 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:48 pm

Honestly...there are some things I should never be allowed to do. These include using chemical substances. Whilst attempting to fix a piece of jewellery using superglue, I pressed the stone into the holder and managed to spurt superglue into my EYE :yikes:

Don't do this. I was so worried I splashed shedloads of water into it, my lashes almost got stuck together :cry: and then made panicked phone calls to my partner (who works miles away) and my mum (who lives even further away). Way to worry everyone :roll: I then went to the Minor Injuries Unit who put yellow dye in my eye (nice) and apparently it's fine. Phew!

I did miss my long, long awaited dentist appointment though... :roll:

Please tell me about stupid things you've done so I don't feel quite so much a tit as I do right now :mrgreen:
Zia2014
UKFM Regular
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:55 pm

Re: I'm a complete idiot

Postby Theresa34 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:13 pm

Oh bless you! Hope it didn't hurt too much. I'm very clumsy, I muddle my words and I struggle to understand jokes! Lol I walk into things a lot. I cant think of silly things I do but I'm sure there are a lot. Hubby often rolls his eyes at me :crazy:
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Re: I'm a complete idiot

Postby dazzleship » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:59 am

oops.. glad you're ok Zia

:hugs:
dazzleship
User avatar
dazzleship
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:40 pm
Location: scotland

Re: I'm a complete idiot

Postby denys » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:37 am

Ouch hope it feels Ok now :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
User avatar
denys
UKFM Veteran
 
Posts: 11901
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: I'm a complete idiot

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:16 pm

Glad your eye is OK after your escapade :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: I've done some stoopid things over the years, altho nothing involving superglue. My most memorable one involved getting ready for doglet walking. Both me and DeeDee were set to go, I just needed to lead her up and we'd be off. But I couldn't find the lead. It wasn't hung up in it's usual place, nor was it in any of the rooms. As I looked down at her to ask her what next, I realised she'd been extremely close with me while we'd been searching. The reason for this......I'd already put her lead on her and had been wandering round attached to her all the time :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I was rather :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: at first, but now it just makes me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
User avatar
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN
 
Posts: 12719
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:25 am
Location: Living Life On The Edge.......Of The Norty Step!!!

Re: I'm a complete idiot

Postby Zia2014 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:08 pm

Ah you lot are just not as clumsy as me! :mrgreen: Although nice one FP lol.

Yeah my eye is okay now, it felt a bit gritty last night and I was worried, and I had a bout of double vision earlier, but that was in both eyes and I seem to have a headache, so it's not the superglue.

Seriously though, spurting it in your eye is so stupid!! The packet even says not to get it on your skin but obviously thinks getting it in your eye is so ridiculous no one could do it... :crazy: ;-)
Zia2014
UKFM Regular
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:55 pm

Re: I'm a complete idiot

Postby MissGems73 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:33 am

I put milk in the kettle and clicked it on to boil. makes a big mess that lol
MissGems73
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:27 am

Re: I'm a complete idiot

Postby Zia2014 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:23 pm

That's a great idea, wish it worked lol!

I was looking for a post it earlier for ages, turned out to be in my hand :oops:
Zia2014
UKFM Regular
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:55 pm

Re: I'm a complete idiot

Postby ladybird71 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:53 pm

Hey there I'm a newbie so pls be fentle with me!
I could not resist replying to this one, I hope this will make all of you not feel such idiots and especially Zia! One evening near christmas when my perfectly able bodied 'normal' son was about 15 he was trying to superglue the bridge of his guitar and also managed to spurt superglue in his eye! The result = his sister stuck his head under the cold tap, I had to come home from christmas shopping to take him to a&e was too given orange gel stuff and an eye patch for his other eye, no tv or computer for that evening (his father had labrynthitis at the time so couldn't drive), I then had to take time off work the next morning to take him to the eye clinic, who confirmed all was well and his sisters quick thinking has saved his sight in that eye.

Dunno why we bothered though.............he his now 22 and a mechanic who has now gone 1 better than superglue..........a small speck of metal!
ladybird71
UKFM Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:14 pm

Re: I'm a complete idiot

Postby Charmed » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:28 pm

I'm an idiot too...

Decided to put a potato in the microwave. Something I can still do, or so I thought!
I sat down and forgot about it, so didn't hear the micro ding. But when I went to take it out the microwave it wasn't there :shock:
Really strange cause I knew I had put it in there. I looked in the food cupboards, nothing. Even checked the fridge and the freezer, nothing...

It was in the washing machine and clearly not cooked :yikes:
Charmed
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:31 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: I'm a complete idiot

Postby Nellyphant » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:30 am

Oh we've all done daft stuff haven't we? I'm too scared to use superglue. I get my husband to do it instead.
User avatar
Nellyphant
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:59 am

Re: I'm a complete idiot

Postby Zia2014 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:05 pm

ladybird71 wrote:Hey there I'm a newbie so pls be fentle with me!
I could not resist replying to this one, I hope this will make all of you not feel such idiots and especially Zia! One evening near christmas when my perfectly able bodied 'normal' son was about 15 he was trying to superglue the bridge of his guitar and also managed to spurt superglue in his eye! The result = his sister stuck his head under the cold tap, I had to come home from christmas shopping to take him to a&e was too given orange gel stuff and an eye patch for his other eye, no tv or computer for that evening (his father had labrynthitis at the time so couldn't drive), I then had to take time off work the next morning to take him to the eye clinic, who confirmed all was well and his sisters quick thinking has saved his sight in that eye.

Dunno why we bothered though.............he his now 22 and a mechanic who has now gone 1 better than superglue..........a small speck of metal!


Welcome to the forum :) And thanks for making me feel slightly better ;-)

Lol Charmed that's excellent!

Well I still feel stupid because just now I very violently managed to smash my little toe against a door. So hard it won't actually stop bleeding :roll:
Zia2014
UKFM Regular
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:55 pm

Re: I'm a complete idiot

Postby Ollycob » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:04 pm

Theresa34 wrote:Oh bless you! Hope it didn't hurt too much. I'm very clumsy, I muddle my words and I struggle to understand jokes! Lol I walk into things a lot. I cant think of silly things I do but I'm sure there are a lot. Hubby often rolls his eyes at me :crazy:


I do this, only I walk into things like buildings :lol: Everyone around me now knows that me saying "I walked into Boots" should be followed with "are you alright?" rather than "what did you get?" :roll:
Ollycob
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:10 pm

Re: I'm a complete idiot

Postby Zia2014 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:46 pm

Ollycob wrote:Everyone around me now knows that me saying "I walked into Boots" should be followed with "are you alright?" rather than "what did you get?" :roll:


That's brilliant! :lol:
Zia2014
UKFM Regular
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:55 pm

Re: I'm a complete idiot

Postby audreyh » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:03 pm

:lol: l :lol: That made me laugh ..hope ur ok now x
audreyh
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:11 pm


Return to General Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests