Raising Money

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Raising Money

Postby Atkins_La » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:48 pm

Hi everyone!

I have this week found out I have a place in the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 mile bike ride in August.

I have thought long and hard and decided that my chosen charity is going to be... you guessing it Fibromyalgia UK!!

Being recently diagnosed with this at such a young age I am really wanting to raise awareness and more understanding of the condition itself!

Please take this opportunity to visit my fundraising page... http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/LauraAtkinson88

Share any stories you have, inspirations or guidance but also any sponsorship you may be able to give would be greatly appreciated

Thank you for reading my post

Laura (age 26)
Atkins_La
UKFM Member

Re: Raising Money

Postby denys » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:52 pm

Good luck Laura
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby ixel-chick » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:41 pm

Atkins_La wrote:I have a place in the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 mile bike ride in August.

Wow - that's gonna be an amazing achievement! Well done!

Wishing you the very best of luck, and please give this post a little bump closer to the time. ;-)
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby Atkins_La » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:28 pm

Thank you for your kind words of support :-D

Going to be an extremely hard challenge but to raise awareness and money for Fibromyalgia it is well worth it!
Atkins_La
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:26 pm

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: I'm exhausted after just reading what you will be doing. These events tend to have a real buzz about them, which entrants often say helps keep them going right until they reach the finish line. It's an amazing challenge to undertake :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby HazelB » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:54 pm

(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics