[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Alas some relief !!!

Alas some relief !!!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Alas some relief !!!

Postby Deep pain » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:39 pm

Hi all, been suffering with considerable pain for over 3 years now and I have tried so many different things.

However the last 2 weeks my pain levels have reduced considerably, although not totally.

So what have I been doing different ?.

Two things really :

* Manuka honey and cinnamon
* Ginger paste and eucalyptus oil

I have been drinking a concoction of manuka honey and cinnamon twice a day, and I have been making a paste using ginger powder and water and applying the paste to my back and neck, followed by a few drops of eucalyptus oil, 2 to 3 times a day.

Still early days but it does seem positive at the moment.

Please feel free to ask any questions if you feel this could benefit you in anyway.
Deep pain
UKFM Member

Re: Alas some relief !!!

Postby Zia2014 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:37 pm

The honey and cinnamon sounds nice, how do you make it please?
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Deep pain » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:33 pm

Hi,

Take half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and add to a glass of boiling water. Stir and leave to cool for 15 mins.

I then use a sieve to strain the cinnamon bits but you don't have to, it's a personal preference I guess.

Then add one teaspoon of manuka honey and stir. I use manuka 10+.

Never add the honey straight away, as the boiling water will remove all the honeys benefits.

I drink this in the morning and at night. You may have to try it for a week before you start to feel the benefits.

Good luck !!
Deep pain
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:39 pm

Ooh that sounds lovely, thank you! I suspect it will help with throat problems too.

Does it have to be manuka? I have honey but not specifically manuka.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Deep pain » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:42 pm

No worries.

I believe that you can use normal honey but you might not get the real benefits. No harm in trying I guess.
Deep pain
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:29 pm

Cheers, will give it a try tonight with what I have in and look for manuka next week :)
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby carolad » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm

I think it has to be Manuka honey to get the health benefits Zia - the higher the number, the better it is for you. Prepare to be shocked by the price though - it isn't cheap!! And obviously the higher 'strength' it is, the more expensive...

As an aside, it is also brilliant for healing wounds if used topically. My horse had a very bad cut on her leg a couple of years ago and I used Manuka honey on the wound - it has antibacterial poperties and promotes healing. It helped keep it clean (always difficult with horses) and stopped any infection developing. I believe some hospitals also use it now for wound care.
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby Deep pain » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:27 pm

Agree manuka honey isn't cheap. I get mine from Sainsbury's and it's around £12 for a jar. However for the benefit I am getting it's worth every penny. I'm still on prescription medication but I'm getting more relief from this than any medication that I have tried in the last 3 years.
Deep pain
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:37 pm

carolad
UKFM Member

Postby Deep pain » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:49 pm

Thank you. :-)
Deep pain
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:40 pm

Blimey, it is expensive! Hmm as I have no income at the moment I can't really afford to try it - thanks anyway. I'm glad it's working for you :)
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics