[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - mixed up words

mixed up words

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

mixed up words

Postby bandj » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:19 am

Hi all,

I've noticed recently that I am having trouble with words, in that I'm writing the wrong words or misunderstanding patterns. I've been doing word puzzles to try and keep my brain functioning and not stagnating whilst im not at by best. I know the word I want but I write the wrong word down. I'm sorry that I'm not putting this clearly.

But does anyone have any ideas about what I can do to help with this, please?

Thank you.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Re: mixed up words

Postby Queenie_70 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:00 pm

Hi bandj,

I am not sure that I know what brain training you can do to assist in your condition, but know this, we are all in the same boat to one degree or another.

I literally saw my doctor on Wednesday and tried to explain to him what I was going through memory wise. It feels like I can remember things from my childhood, even smells and touch, but ask me in an hour if I have had my coffee and meds this morning, boom!!!! Empty head!!!

I did post the other day on another thread that my memory burps, as I like to call them, are getting beyond a joke. The sink is a fridge, the washing machine is the thingy, I forget my dogs name (Calypso, after the God, not the ice-cream), I try to make coffee with a knife instead of a teaspoon. My doctor told me that it is probably neurological, he is glad that I am under the current care of a Neurologist so I can discuss these events with her, but he also wondered if it is a condition called Pseudo-dementia. This is a condition that is caused by depression. You can look it up via Google and find some really good articles.

Anyway, my point is that we all have issues with our memory, it is not fun, it gets frustrating, but I think what you are doing, crosswords, word games etc, are the best thing. I don't know if it will help, but it might retrain the part of your brain that has gone to sleep.

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby ixel-chick » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:08 am

☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:48 pm

Hi and thanks for your replies.

I am permanently fatigued, j often have to sleep in the morning as well as the afternoon. I've battled with depression since I wss a teenager, so for ove 30 years. I've always forgotten the odd word anf called anything I can't remember the name for a wotsit, thingymajig, etc. But this is way beyond that.

I was doing some beadwork on Wednesday and 2 people had to explain the pattern to me. I wouldn't mind but it was an easy pattern! :-)

ah well makes life interesting! All I can say is thank good ness for predictive text - masks my mistakes a bit! :lol:
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby ixel-chick » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:55 pm

ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:18 pm

To be honest, until reading some of the other posts I wasn't awsre there was meds to help fatigue. I've just been told to pace myself which I don't always find easy. Im due to see my gp later this month so I'll mention it to him -if I remember!!! I think id better make a list! :lol:
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby ixel-chick » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:35 pm

ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:46 pm

Hi ixel chick, thanks for your post, I was trying to recall the name sertaline so your post helped no end :-D I tried prozac before, never again. I was way off this planet! :lol: im seeing my gp on the 23rd and am making a list of things to speak to him about. Ive lost count of how many times ive sais that I can cope with pain but not the fatigue and no ones ever suggested treating the fatigue. Hope gp listen this time :fingerscrossed:
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:11 pm

Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby ixel-chick » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:18 pm

ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:20 pm

:fingerscrossed: Im willing to try anything if it helps with the fatigue. I called Winnie the Pooh "Pinnie the who"earlier! :lol: my friend thought it was hilarious! She thinks (knows) im crackers anyway! I just hope I don't make yoo many errors on my next assignment
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby ixel-chick » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:32 pm

Fingers and toes crossed whatever you end up trying will do some serious butt-kicking to the fatigue - Pinnie The Who style! :-D
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:56 pm

Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby ixel-chick » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:43 pm

ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:03 pm

So we do agree. I was just responding to comments you made earlier which came across to me as they would work for all - when we know and agree that's not the case. So that's fine.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics